+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application no response for 3 months

sxtra

Jul 29, 2022
Hi, all, I applied PRTD for my mother-in-law from their website (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) back in the beginning of November 2022. They asked for some additional document and I submitted in November 22, 2022. However the status stay as "Submitted" since then and I'm unable to do anything -- even the "View" button in the page is disabled. Is this normal and should I do anything or contact IRCC for update? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, all, I applied PRTD for my mother-in-law from their website (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) back in the beginning of November 2022. They asked for some additional document and I submitted in November 22, 2022. However the status stay as "Submitted" since then and I'm unable to do anything -- even the "View" button in the page is disabled. Is this normal and should I do anything or contact IRCC for update? Thanks.
Is this a normal PRTD? Do you meet the residency requirement? Or is this a PRTD under H&C (i.e. you don't meet the residency requirements)? If it's the second, this is pretty normal. It can take quite a long time for IRCC to review your documents and come to a decision. You can send a webform to IRCC but you unfortunately won't get anything useful back. They will just tell you that the are reviewing the application.

Reactions: sxtra

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Is this in relation to this ?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/expired-parents-pr.773929/

Reactions: Ponga

sxtra

Jul 29, 2022
Is this a normal PRTD? Do you meet the residency requirement? Or is this a PRTD under H&C (i.e. you don't meet the residency requirements)? If it's the second, this is pretty normal. It can take quite a long time for IRCC to review your documents and come to a decision. You can send a webform to IRCC but you unfortunately won't get anything useful back. They will just tell you that the are reviewing the application.
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes it is. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
IRCC is assessing if the H&C arguments and evidence you have submitted are sufficient for a PRTD to be approved. This always takes longer and it's hard for any of us to guess how long you may still be waiting or if the PRTD is going to be approved or not. This is not a standard application since it's been filed under H&C. Nothing you can do but wait.

sxtra

Jul 29, 2022
IRCC is assessing if the H&C arguments and evidence you have submitted are sufficient for a PRTD to be approved. This always takes longer and it's hard for any of us to guess how long you may still be waiting or if the PRTD is going to be approved or not. This is not a standard application since it's been filed under H&C. Nothing you can do but wait.
That's great to know. Thanks a lot for your input.