+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD…

Olaoni

Apr 23, 2023
My application for PRTD online status shows submitted for over 3 months.. is anyone on here have any idea to help with or any information about the process

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
My application for PRTD online status shows submitted for over 3 months.. is anyone on here have any idea to help with or any information about the process
If you are outside Canada, go to the nearest visa office. Then you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. When you are back in Canada, you can continue with your application

SNSCanada

May 18, 2023
I did not get any update, the status is showing Submitted
I am waiting for over 9 months on H&C ground, 1 member granted 5 months ago, 3 other family members are still awaiting. I have checked in detail from many sources. There is No provision to get response on query via direct email, VFS or phone call. Direct email update from IRCC is always faster than status on web portal. Even repetitive web request form submission is not recommended by many users (unless important change to inform) so wait is best safeguard.

Reactions: Olaoni

SNSCanada

May 18, 2023
I am waiting for over 9 months on H&C ground, 1 member granted 5 months ago, 3 other family members are still awaiting. I have checked in detail from many sources. There is No provision to get response on query via direct email, VFS or phone call. Direct email update from IRCC is always faster than status on web portal. Even repetitive web request form submission is not recommended by many users (unless important change to inform) so wait is best safeguard.
My response is on "PRTD" applied from outside Canada.

Olaoni

Apr 23, 2023
If you are outside Canada, go to the nearest visa office. Then you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. When you are back in Canada, you can continue with your application
I already applied for the PRTD online because that is the only way I can apply from Nigeria, it’s been over 3 months the only thing showing in my status is Submitting….

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I already applied for the PRTD online because that is the only way I can apply from Nigeria, it’s been over 3 months the only thing showing in my status is Submitting….
you get mistake apply on line prtd take only 2 to 6 week out side canada when you arrive apply proper PR application to ircc

PRTD application by mail to the nearest visa application centre. If your return flight to Canada is in less than six weeks: mark your application “urgent” provide your travel dates and flight itinerary

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no timeline when it comes to PRTD based on H&C. How much time have you spent in Canada during the past 5 years? How much time have you spent in Canada since you got PR? How old are the other people applying for PRTD based on H&C. What was the reason for your family not meeting H&C?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you get mistake apply on line prtd take only 2 to 6 week out side canada when you arrive apply proper PR application to ircc

PRTD application by mail to the nearest visa application centre. If your return flight to Canada is in less than six weeks: mark your application “urgent” provide your travel dates and flight itinerary
[/QUOTE

That isn’t always true. Many offices take much longer than 6 weeks to process PRTDs including in Nigeria and all of West Africa. If you have a flight booked it must be refundable because there are no guarantees that the PRTD will be approved or refused by then. Is PRTD is based on H&C there is no timeline and most are processed in 6-12 months.

SNSCanada

May 18, 2023
There is no timeline when it comes to PRTD based on H&C. How much time have you spent in Canada during the past 5 years? How much time have you spent in Canada since you got PR? How old are the other people applying for PRTD based on H&C. What was the reason for your family not meeting H&C?
I lived in Canada with family and worked (wife too) on work Permit for 5 years, followed by PR under Canadian experience for family. Complied with first PR stay, visited Canada for work and still associated with professional bodies and assignments via online for which documents submitted as proof along with active Bank account. Not visited to Canada in last 5 years, including Covid impact and due to PR card 2nd renewal was not done. H&C ground explained via documents and on call received from IRCC (after 4 months of application) for all the facts to explain. Within a week of that, One kid aged 18 got PRTD as RC-1 (H&C ground accepted) and relocated for college study. Minor kid, my and wife's application is awaited for approval.

SNSCanada

May 18, 2023
[/QUOTE
How much time it takes for other members when one family member is granted on H&C ground ? I requested via web form and received response to resubmit all documents again as web upload which i did last month and after 4 weeks ago received this response, Is this positive sign to get sooner ? :

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

Additionally, we verified the information you provided.

Kindly note, you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I lived in Canada with family and worked (wife too) on work Permit for 5 years, followed by PR under Canadian experience for family. Complied with first PR stay, visited Canada for work and still associated with professional bodies and assignments via online for which documents submitted as proof along with active Bank account. Not visited to Canada in last 5 years, including Covid impact and due to PR card 2nd renewal was not done. H&C ground explained via documents and on call received from IRCC (after 4 months of application) for all the facts to explain. Within a week of that, One kid aged 18 got PRTD as RC-1 (H&C ground accepted) and relocated for college study. Minor kid, my and wife's application is awaited for approval.
When did you actually get PR? How many years have you lived in Canada since then? Covid can not explain an absence of over 5 years. After the first 5 years the 730 days out of 5 years becomes a rolling total so you have likely been out of compliance with your RO for over 5 years. Did you all return to Canada to apply for PR card renewals? When was that?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Every person is evaluated individually. Children who are close to 18 have the best chance of getting approved for PRTD based on H&C due to being removed as a minor and having ties to Canada. It sounds as though your child has spent some time studying in Canada although not recently. A young adult’s approval has minimal impact on the rest of the family’s chances of obtaining PRTDs. The child could not easily return to Canada to live on their own to meet RO while you and your spouse had the ability to live in Canada and maintain RO. Your minor child is still not able to move without you so is still considered part of the family unit with the parents. Most countries have allowed travel during Covid and you could probably justify not being able to travel for up to 2 years but you have not been in Canada for over 5 years. If you are able to work from your current location there wouldn’t be anything preventing you from continuing to do so. In general nobody can predict what the outcome of PRTDs based on H&Cs will be and what the timeframe for response will be. Assume there is a good chance that you should get a response before the 1 year anniversary of your PRTD submission. Whether within weeks or months is tough to say