+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prra

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
Hi I have couple of question.
I got a phone call from cbsa by officer about my PRRA decision arrived and they will scheduling my appointment to interview after COVID19.
Anyone has a same situation or anyone heard about it? This will be the negative decision? If someone got positive decision they had to go to interview to the cbsa or just came the letter with positive decision?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got a phone call from cbsa by officer about my PRRA decision arrived and they will scheduling my appointment to interview after COVID19.
Anyone has a same situation or anyone heard about it? This will be the negative decision? If someone got positive decision they had to go to interview to the cbsa or just came the letter with positive decision?
Thank you
They aren't deporting people now due to covid which is likely why they are delaying meetings.

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
Yes. The officer said my appointment will be 2-3 months but if they want me to go in for interview will be negative decision? What's happening if the decision positive? do I still need to go for an interview?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. The officer said my appointment will be 2-3 months but if they want me to go in for interview will be negative decision? What's happening if the decision positive? do I still need to go for an interview?
Nobody can say for sure what your results will be. I am sure you already know that getting PRRA is difficult.

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
Yes it is so difficult. Some people said to me if the cbsa after decision want you to go in the office for interview, probably it's a negative decision. I wrote here maybe someone has interviewed and got positive decision. Or does a positive decision come in a letter in all cases?
Canuck78 did you have PRRA application before?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Yes it is so difficult. Some people said to me if the cbsa after decision want you to go in the office for interview, probably it's a negative decision. I wrote here maybe someone has interviewed and got positive decision. Or does a positive decision come in a letter in all cases?
Hi - I have some familiarity with PRRA. The CBSA is supposed to deliver the decision in person whether it is positive or negative. It's well understood that failed refugee claimants (the usual PRRA applicants) may choose to go underground if they have come in for a negative or simply get something in the mail for a positive.

Canada's immigration enforcement system isn't naive as they've been "at it" for a long time and PRRA has been around since 2002, before the CBSA existed.

Reactions: Colett81

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
Hi - I have some familiarity with PRRA. The CBSA is supposed to deliver the decision in person whether it is positive or negative. It's well understood that failed refugee claimants (the usual PRRA applicants) may choose to go underground if they have come in for a negative or simply get something in the mail for a positive.

Canada's immigration enforcement system isn't naive as they've been "at it" for a long time and PRRA has been around since 2002, before the CBSA existed.

Thanks

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
I got a positive prra but my situation was different from yours maybe because my prra was because I had claimed in the USA so what is your prra situation

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
I got decision but the officer who called me said he doesn't know positive or negative. How did u get your decision? Just got mail with good news or you had to go for interview?
I got a positive prra but my situation was different from yours maybe because my prra was because I had claimed in the USA so what is your prra situation

I got decision but the officer who called me said he doesn't know positive or negative. How did u get your decision? Just got mail with good news or you had to go for interview in cbsa?

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
I got it in and the officer told me she has a package for me and I went there and she said congratulations to me you have a positive prra..
And she said am very lucky because it’s like 2%who get it .. but your case is how ? Was your refugee claim rejected and then the appeal too?

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
I got it in and the officer told me she has a package for me and I went there and she said congratulations to me you have a positive prra..
And she said am very lucky because it’s like 2%who get it .. but your case is how ? Was your refugee claim rejected and then the appeal too?

Congratulation. When did you get?
Mine is very difficult because I never had refugee claim i am overstayed visitor just was too late for the refugee claim because i has an exclusion order.

Colett81

Jul 27, 2020
Congratulation. When did you get?
Mine is very difficult because I never had refugee claim i am overstayed visitor just was too late for the refugee claim because i has an exclusion order.
I asked the officer about decision but he said he doesn't know

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba
Thank you
Received a call from CBSA about the removal order. The officer said that my partner needs to go in for interview and they have options for her. She is stateless and we have a spousal sponsorship application in progress since Feb of this year. Thanks to COVID we haven’t received anything from CIC.

what happens in the interview?
What’s PPRA and how does it work?

Has anyone gone through this please let me know.

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba

what’s your case? And where r u from?

Oct 9, 2021
hello everyone pls I need more light about this, I got a letter from cbsa that this is to notify me that am now eligible to report from my cell or home phone also asked me to come for the interview with my phone bills and photo identification. What does this mean anyone with useful answers