+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prra

Wall_6881

Jun 4, 2019
hi , can someone get prra application two times and the first prra was denied and pass one year now after one year got ticket to go back can I apply for another prra now because my flight is too tight in 9 days it’s worth it to pay a lawyer and fight for it ? Need answers ASAP

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
hi , can someone get prra application two times and the first prra was denied and pass one year now after one year got ticket to go back can I apply for another prra now because my flight is too tight in 9 days it’s worth it to pay a lawyer and fight for it ? Need answers ASAP
Hello, you can file a 2nd PRRA but there is no Stay of removal so it doesn't get you much unless you've managed to get some overwhelming evidence in the meantime. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/applications-intake.html

Subsequent PRRA applicants

A foreign national who is subject to a removal order that is in force and whose previous PRRA application has been refused, abandoned or withdrawn may apply for a subsequent PRRA as long as they are not subject to the 12-month bar on PRRA applications

However, subsequent PRRA applicants do not benefit from a regulatory stay of removal. Subsequent PRRA applicants have their application assessed only in terms of risk factors that have arisen since the last PRRA assessment, in accordance with the administrative law principle of issue estoppel, unless the officer is satisfied that it would be in the interests of justice to revisit an issue dealt with in a previous PRRA.

So the ASAP answer is, yes - but it gets you nothing.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody who did PRRA recently - Would you mind sharing how long was you processing time?

Wall_6881

Jun 4, 2019
Hi, if I was a bondsperson and I bill out someone from the immigration holder centre and he disappeared and I put $10k as performance if he didn’t show up to them now when they gonna ask me to pay this amount
Anybody who did PRRA recently - Would you mind sharing how long was you processing time?
ia going to take 3-6 months or max 1 year

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 4 month for my friend.. and don't want to worry you but decision came negative.
Thanks a lot. We are ready for negative decision, just hoping that it takes as long as possible...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 4 month for my friend.. and don't want to worry you but decision came negative.
And if you don’t mind sharing, what happened after that? Was your friend removed quickly or he managed to get a stay of removal?

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
And if you don’t mind sharing, what happened after that? Was your friend removed quickly or he managed to get a stay of removal?
They have given him sometime.. he is signing every month now.. they said tgey will contact him again..

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have given him sometime.. he is signing every month now.. they said tgey will contact him again..
OK that sounds encouraging. Our agent was kind enough to hand PRRA forms but was clear that once this fails, he will have to proceed to executing removal...Thanks for answering