+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proxy Marriage

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
This is continuation of the marriage fraud thread. I found out that my marriage is not legal in Canada. We were married on 14 Nov 2018 through a proxy. Both of us were not present at the Nikah ceremony (Islamic Marriage). However when we submitted the application, we included a marriage certificate from another country that indicated our marriage occurred in that country on 20 June 2019. There is no proof (video/photos) that the marriage occurred on that date.

I have a video of the Nikah ceremony uploaded to YouTube at the time of the marriage that proves both of us were not present. How significant is this piece of damning evidence to my accusation of misrepresentation. Do you think i will be able to get a court to void the marriage?

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Definitely see a lawyer and don't convince yourself internet discussions are a substitute. YOu're now into quite specific and unusual territory.
I am in the process of obtaining legal help. I wanted to see what other advice people on this forum can bestow upon me.

frange

May 25, 2018
I am going straight:

1-Proxy Marriage isn't recognized in Canada.... Straight IRCC Refusal or rejection.
2-If the certificate is not a fake, you should give it, proof of the marriage and you both were present at the ceremony. If not , more proofs are needed, letter from the ceremony officer, guests who were present, and an explanation letter describing all the that situation and why this happened since it's not usual in western countries (such as Canada, USA) that a marriage is celebrated without family, guests. You have to disclose all the information including Nikha story and why all of these happened. Note that virtual marriage (Online) and proxy marriage are treated the same by IRCC; not recognized. You have to disclose all this story; just to avoid misrepresentation conception/suspicion; but not for your file approbation since, neither virtual, nor proxy marriage is not recognized by IRCC for sponsorship purpose.
Note also that you both have to be present physically at the ceremony venue (place), this is one of the basic condition of a marriage (For IRCC).

NB: If there is no solution about case, just make it simple, «cancel this application, gather all the documentation and send another one later». If not, you can face misrepresentation suspicions which can lead to 5 years BAN for you to sponsor and her to get immigration benefits( visa, work permit, PR).

So, be prepared.

Reactions: Crazywire

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
2-If the certificate is not a fake, you should give it, proof of the marriage and you both were present at the ceremony. If not , more proofs are needed, letter from the ceremony officer, guests who were present, and an explanation letter describing all the that situation and why this happened since it's not usual in western countries (such as Canada, USA) that a marriage is celebrated without family, guests. You have to disclose all the information including Nikha story and why all of these happened. Note that virtual marriage (Online) and proxy marriage are treated the same by IRCC; not recognized. You have to disclose all this story; just to avoid misrepresentation conception/suspicion; but not for your file approbation since, neither virtual, nor proxy marriage is not recognized by IRCC for sponsorship purpose.
Note also that you both have to be present physically at the ceremony venue (place), this is one of the basic condition of a marriage (For IRCC).
I was not present for Nikah/marriage. There is video proof. I was in Canada when that happened. Nothing happened on the alleged date on the marriage certificate, it was just for immigration purpose.

NB: If there is no solution about case, just make it simple, «cancel this application, gather all the documentation and send another one later». If not, you can face misrepresentation suspicions which can lead to 5 years BAN for you to sponsor and her to get immigration benefits( visa, work permit, PR).
So, be prepared.
Why do you think i will also be banned to sponsor again? I thought misrepresentation is only the Applicant's fault.

frange

May 25, 2018
I was not present for Nikah/marriage. There is video proof. I was in Canada when that happened. Nothing happened on the alleged date on the marriage certificate, it was just for immigration purpose.

Ok, I did not catch that part... I would not mention that part since it's irrelevant. You only gave the standard marriage certificate from the ceremony you were both physically presents.. If so, everything is OK.

Why do you think i will also be banned to sponsor again? I thought misrepresentation is only the Applicant's fault.
I talked about misrepresentation suspicions, if confirmed, could lead to BAN you both from certain immigration benefits for 5 years.

Please, read carefully what I wrote above.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Only the applicant would be banned.

The impact to you is that any future application you submit would be very heavily scrutinized since it will be on record that you previously submitted fraudulent documents / attempted to commit fraud.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
So are you saying that you have a fake marriage certificate from a random date months after the wedding neither of you was physically at? Yikes. Get a lawyer. I think you're hoping to discredit your wife and get her PR thrown out based on earlier posts, but based on this I'd say both of you should be facing legal troubles. Get a lawyer and realize this is far far far above the pay grade of free internet advice.

Reactions: cjr

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is continuation of the marriage fraud thread. I found out that my marriage is not legal in Canada. We were married on 14 Nov 2018 through a proxy. Both of us were not present at the Nikah ceremony (Islamic Marriage). However when we submitted the application, we included a marriage certificate from another country that indicated our marriage occurred in that country on 20 June 2019. There is no proof (video/photos) that the marriage occurred on that date.

I have a video of the Nikah ceremony uploaded to YouTube at the time of the marriage that proves both of us were not present. How significant is this piece of damning evidence to my accusation of misrepresentation. Do you think i will be able to get a court to void the marriage?
To answer your question about how significant this piece of evidence is, I think that is hard to say. The issue with this evidence is that it also paints you in a really bad light. It means that you engaged in misrepresentation yourself in order for your spouse's PR application to be approved. To be fully transparent, I think this significantly reduces your credibility.

Reactions: cjr and Crazywire

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
So are you saying that you have a fake marriage certificate from a random date months after the wedding neither of you was physically at? Yikes. Get a lawyer. I think you're hoping to discredit your wife and get her PR thrown out based on earlier posts, but based on this I'd say both of you should be facing legal troubles. Get a lawyer and realize this is far far far above the pay grade of free internet advice.
You are right. I misrepresented myself as well. I hope it never comes back to me.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Get a lawyer and who will likely tell you to withdraw your application ASAP.
I think his wife's application is already approved and she is in Canada and left him and now he wants to undo her PR if you read his previous thread he linked in the first post of this one...

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think his wife's application is already approved and she is in Canada and left him and now he wants to undo her PR if you read his previous thread he linked in the first post of this one...
How did a VO approve this file! There aren’t even pictures of the wedding.