+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving Intent to Leave Quebec

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Congratulations on your Pr، when landing did you submit another address for pr cards.
No. I used my Quebec address only. Since we get the letter that we are already a Permanent Residence of Canada that implies that Landing is done. After you become a landed immigrant then there is no meaning of changing the address. Address was a concern while landing however post Covid changes this is not the case anymore. I got my PR cards in 28 days at my QC address

Sourav2910

Nov 28, 2018
No. I used my Quebec address only. Since we get the letter that we are already a Permanent Residence of Canada that implies that Landing is done. After you become a landed immigrant then there is no meaning of changing the address. Address was a concern while landing however post Covid changes this is not the case anymore. I got my PR cards in 28 days at my QC address
Hi @preetav2882 , after getting your PR card, do we need to move out of Quebec?
You said something about post covid 19 situation have changed , does that imply to not moving or move later..
Also did RAMQ gave you the medical card to you? If yes , did you apply online or in office?
Thanks

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi @preetav2882 , after getting your PR card, do we need to move out of Quebec?
You said something about post covid 19 situation have changed , does that imply to not moving or move later..
Also did RAMQ gave you the medical card to you? If yes , did you apply online or in office?
Thanks
Once you are a PR as per PR mobility rights you can stay in any province. There is no immediate need to move out of Quebec after you became PR. I have to postpone my plans to move out of QC indefinitely due to covid situation (don’t want to take any risk with family in these unprecedented times).
Yes I got my RAMQ also. Although its a long process. You can only apply through online or customer help lines. They are not giving in-office appointments. Then if you get PR through express entry and still in QC they ask you to sign a form to allow them to connect with IRCC to confirm your status. Once IRCC confirm it then only they issue the card. They don’t accept your status on the basis of COPR letter or PR card. Only way to get RAMQ card is to let them confirm through IRCC. Just want to ensure you that they cannot legally deny you RAMQ, its just that since you are not a PR through quebec program they take extra measures to issue the card

Sourav2910

Nov 28, 2018
Once you are a PR as per PR mobility rights you can stay in any province. There is no immediate need to move out of Quebec after you became PR. I have to postpone my plans to move out of QC indefinitely due to covid situation (don’t want to take any risk with family in these unprecedented times).
Yes I got my RAMQ also. Although its a long process. You can only apply through online or customer help lines. They are not giving in-office appointments. Then if you get PR through express entry and still in QC they ask you to sign a form to allow them to connect with IRCC to confirm your status. Once IRCC confirm it then only they issue the card. They don’t accept your status on the basis of COPR letter or PR card. Only way to get RAMQ card is to let them confirm through IRCC. Just want to ensure you that they cannot legally deny you RAMQ, its just that since you are not a PR through quebec program they take extra measures to issue the card
@preetav2882 , thanks for your answer, it clarifies things about RAMQ. Did you apply for new RAMQ because of its expiring? Or it is mandatory to apply for new card after getting PR?

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
@preetav2882 , thanks for your answer, it clarifies things about RAMQ. Did you apply for new RAMQ because of its expiring? Or it is mandatory to apply for new card after getting PR?
actually mine got expired so anyways I have to do it however as per RAMQ guidelines you have to update change of any status to RAMQ. So I think we need to do it either ways

canadahereicome1994

Aug 23, 2020
Hello All,

———————————
I have applied for my PR through express entry from Montréal its been exactly three months as of today, i will probably be expecting the pfl by mid February, im not sure why IRCC is so strict with it even during the pandemic. i see that cities are going to be Lockdown quebec is also imposing Curfew soon.
considering this do i still need to worry about intent to leave quebec?

—————————————————
My short bio
I did my masters in Vancouver, lived there for two years, moved to Toronto lived there for a year. Now im working in Montréal from last two years.
Can i still expect pfl to show proof to leave Quebec from ircc? I see that few people got lucky not sure why only some people get this request.
—————————-
If it does ask a proof I'm thinking to show
My ties in Quebec are very minimal and can be easily breakable.
1) My Assignment in Montréal is temporary i can get a letter from my employer for this.
2) My current lease contract is a short term lease where it tells that i need to tell the landlord two months before i leave the place this are the only ties i have with Quebec.
Can this Help ? Or do i need to show something more concrete than this ?

krishna585

Dec 16, 2018
Hi @preetav2882 , I am planning to apply for PR under CEC but currently I am in Montreal, Quebec. My closed WP(ICT) is getting expired on Jan 2022. And My company is based out of Toronto and i am on a temporary assignment. Can i submit my documents for PR from Montreal address by explaining in LOE that after my assignment i can be moved to anywhere inside Canada or do i need to Show a lease proof in Ontario and apply from that address?
My case also is a bit similar to you.
Can you please suggest?

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
I am planning to write below points:
1. My WP says I can work from anywhere in Canada (Employer is at Halifax and client is in MTL).
2. French issue:
I. Have school going kid and I can't put him in a French School once I get PR. Also I can't afford $1k/month for private English school.
II. My wife is on open WP but can't work because of French.

Anything else I can include??

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I am planning to write below points:
1. My WP says I can work from anywhere in Canada (Employer is at Halifax and client is in MTL).
2. French issue:
I. Have school going kid and I can't put him in a French School once I get PR. Also I can't afford $1k/month for private English school.
II. My wife is on open WP but can't work because of French.

Anything else I can include??
ANY Updates on your case please?