Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Hi all,

I studied and worked in Quebec for 3 years.

I moved to Ontario recently, though my employer is still in Quebec. I am on an a PWGP, so technically I can work anywhere.
My employer is however perfectly happy with a work-from-home arrangement that has been already implemented when I moved to the new province, and they are willing to continue this arrangement.

I have my lease document in Ontario.

Is it enough to prove my intent of not staying in Quebec? From your experiences, do you think lease documents, other administrative documents and letter from employer stating the arrangement of "work-from-home" will suffice?

Thanks,
Narayan

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I moved to Ontario recently, though my employer is still in Quebec. I am on an a PWGP, so technically I can work anywhere.
My employer is however perfectly happy with a work-from-home arrangement that has been already implemented when I moved to the new province, and they are willing to continue this arrangement.

Is it enough to prove my intent of not staying in Quebec? From your experiences, do you think lease documents, other administrative documents and letter from employer stating the arrangement of "work-from-home" will suffice?

Thanks,
Narayan
A lease in Ontario, specially if it is not due to expire soon and an employment agreement where you will permanently work from home in Ontario should be more than enough.

Moreover, you are already living in Ontario so everything plays in your favour.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
A lease in Ontario, specially if it is not due to expire soon and an employment agreement where you will permanently work from home in Ontario should be more than enough.

Moreover, you are already living in Ontario so everything plays in your favour.
Thanks a lot.

I had done an upfront medical exam from Quebec, which is supposed to stay valid for a year.
Do you think that might have an impact?

Also, I am not eligible for OHIP because my employer's address is not in the province. And my RAMQ coverage expires in 2 months (3 months after I moved), even though the official address change has been in effect.
Is it advisable to drop the application once the RAMQ has completely expired?

DGUNPREET

Aug 20, 2019
Hi all,

Thanks,
Narayan
moving to new province means working there and paying tax there ,it doesn’t mean just migrate for sake of it.
Leaving that side ,you can change address in your bank online From aplication,migrate your phone(if had better plan in quebec)just pay 13% tax of ontario on top of that ,and third lease paper would be fine to prove you are living there

But if during progress of file they are great chances they ask for personal history form again(where you need to mention work even current one)if they notice you never left work that is located in Quebec ;then you can be asked for interview or stuff like that

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All, My situation : I have applied for PR in may 2020 under CEC but currently I am in Montreal, Quebec. My WP is getting expired on Oct and in my LOE I have mentioned that " My current assignment will be finished in Oct,2020 and I am yet not sure about my next assignment – Depends on project requirements and my passport status. "
Question : Will it harm my application me being in montreal Quebec.
Do I need to take any actions
Please help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All, My situation : I have applied for PR in may 2020 under CEC but currently I am in Montreal, Quebec. My WP is getting expired on Oct and in my LOE I have mentioned that " My current assignment will be finished in Oct,2020 and I am yet not sure about my next assignment – Depends on project requirements and my passport status. "
Question : Will it harm my application me being in montreal Quebec.
Do I need to take any actions
Please help
1. Yes. Skilled Workers/CEC are not processed Federally for residents of Quebec. You have to apply through their system.

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for pr under CEC from quebec in Jan 2020. As I am currently in quebec I provided a LOE for my intention to leave quebec.
My application’s current status is Eligibility passed, Medical valid, security and criminality passed. I have not got any PFL from ircc to prove my intention to leave quebec yet. Are there any chances to get same after eligibility is passed?

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for pr under CEC from quebec in Jan 2020. As I am currently in quebec I provided a LOE for my intention to leave quebec.
My application’s current status is Eligibility passed, Medical valid, security and criminality passed. I have not got any PFL from ircc to prove my intention to leave quebec yet. Are there any chances to get same after eligibility is passed?
Did you attach any document or only LOE worked

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
LOE with employment agreement that states that i can be moved anywhere in Canada and it also mention that I am on a temporary assignment
Yes. Me too added this : Temporary and moved anywhere in Canada...If your eligibility is passed...I hope my application will be also ok...Thank you so much !! Lets hope. Please do let me now once you get PPR.

Last edited:

San9902

Aug 8, 2019
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
AOR Received.
13-07-2020
Med's Done....
05-09-2020
LOE with employment agreement that states that i can be moved anywhere in Canada and it also mention that I am on a temporary assignment
Did you get any letter from HR stating that assignment is temporary and moved anywhere in Canada or else self enclosed LOE ?.. Could you please elobarate bit about it .However I have been working XYZ Client in quebec on closed work permit but we have our base company at Toronto .. I could seek a letter from our base company stating that will be moved back to base location or Anywhere in canada.
Waiting for your response .. Thanks in advance

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Did you get any letter from HR stating that assignment is temporary and moved anywhere in Canada or else self enclosed LOE ?.. Could you please elobarate bit about it .However I have been working XYZ Client in quebec on closed work permit but we have our base company at Toronto .. I could seek a letter from our base company stating that will be moved back to base location or Anywhere in canada.
Waiting for your response .. Thanks in advance
I did not get any seperate letter from HR. However this is mentioned in my Employment agreement

Reactions: San9902