+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee- WP Extension Online Application issue!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I have recently been nominated and have also been given a work permit support letter. I tried applying online for the Work Permit extension but am stuck at a point.

In one of the questions, it asked me if I have a positive LMO? I selected No. Next question asked me if I was in an occupation which was LMO exempt, and I said No and it kicked me out of the process saying I cant proceed unless I have LMO.

I am LMO exempt as I am a provincial nominee. Has anyone who was provincially nominated applied online for WP extension?

Please Advise..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
I have recently been nominated and have also been given a work permit support letter. I tried applying online for the Work Permit extension but am stuck at a point.

In one of the questions, it asked me if I have a positive LMO? I selected No. Next question asked me if I was in an occupation which was LMO exempt, and I said No and it kicked me out of the process saying I cant proceed unless I have LMO.

I am LMO exempt as I am a provincial nominee. Has anyone who was provincially nominated applied online for WP extension?

Please Advise..
Select YES because you did originally need an LMO and the occupation is NOT LMO exempt. Send them a copy of your original LMO, Letter of Support, Nomination certificate and all of the other stuff they ask for. It will get approved. This is a glitch in their system because they don't make allowances for PNPs. Hopefully they will fix this in the near future.

dhisihsaiz

Jun 21, 2009
Hi sharuu,

Just a question. I will have the same problem as yours in the future.

Were you asked to attach/submit a job offer letter/contract from your employer?

Thanks!

dhisihsaiz

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Thats part of the nomination certificate. You will need a current letter from the employer! I think if you have time go for the paper application. Thats the route that looks the most sensible!!

dhisihsaiz

Jun 21, 2009
Oh yeah, I have submitted an employment confirmation from my employer to the PNP. I am just wondering if the WP extension will require me to submit a job offer letter again even if I have the PNP.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
That is what I meant. In you nomination certificate it asks you to give a current letter from the employer for WP Extension!

dhisihsaiz

Jun 21, 2009
I see. Thanks for the info!

Did you get lucky now with your online WP extension application?

If you dont mind, what province are you being nominated? Mine is Alberta.