07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Hi Experts,

I just want to ask what are the possibilities that a provincial nominee be rejected at cic stage?

I'm about to submit my e-APR and i want to understand what are the things i need to avoid in order for a smooth CIC assessment.

Thanks!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
enaid1026 said:
Hi Experts,

I just want to ask what are the possibilities that a provincial nominee be rejected at cic stage?

I'm about to submit my e-APR and i want to understand what are the things i need to avoid in order for a smooth CIC assessment.

Thanks!
They verify different and same things, so for example previous crimes will not be checked by Province but by CIC

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
PNP applicants are very hard to reject- unless you screw up by misrepresenting, or by not including all required items, you are not going to get rejected as a PNP applicant to CIC short of you being discovered as a terrorist, or something of that nature.

Courtesy of kiran_6sb from the PNP applicants thread (page 8 ):

Guys just found some pages on how CIC processes the EE PNP applicants .looks like refusal rate might be very low for PNP guys .Please check below

7.8. Refusing the application
There are three bases upon which a provincial nominee who meets all statutory admissibility
requirements can be refused a visa:
OP 7-B PROVINCIAL NOMINEES
2014-01-13
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant does not intend to live in the province that
has nominated them;
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is unlikely to be able to successfully
establish economically in Canada; and
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is participating in, or intends to participate
in, a passive investment or an immigration-linked investment scheme as defined in R87(5) to
R87(9) of the Regulations.
In each case, the officer must have some evidence to support this belief and overcome the
presumptions implied by the provincial nomination. Every provincial nominee agreement obliges
the immigration officer to consult with an official of the nominating province regarding the intention
to refuse before the refusal is actually made.
If the officer, after consulting with the province, still intends to refuse, R87(4) requires that a
second officer concur with the decision to refuse, before it can be made official. Both officers’
names should be clearly recorded in the CAIPS notes.

Also check the OP7b pdf file from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/index.asp?v=enhanced

It also shows different clauses and other criteria that officer checks in a PNP application .

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Aragorn165 said:
PNP applicants are very hard to reject- unless you screw up by misrepresenting, or by not including all required items, you are not going to get rejected as a PNP applicant to CIC short of you being discovered as a terrorist, or something of that nature.

Courtesy of kiran_6sb from the PNP applicants thread (page 8):

Guys just found some pages on how CIC processes the EE PNP applicants .looks like refusal rate might be very low for PNP guys .Please check below

7.8. Refusing the application
There are three bases upon which a provincial nominee who meets all statutory admissibility
requirements can be refused a visa:
OP 7-B PROVINCIAL NOMINEES
2014-01-13
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant does not intend to live in the province that
has nominated them;
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is unlikely to be able to successfully
establish economically in Canada; and
 The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is participating in, or intends to participate
in, a passive investment or an immigration-linked investment scheme as defined in R87(5) to
R87(9) of the Regulations.
In each case, the officer must have some evidence to support this belief and overcome the
presumptions implied by the provincial nomination. Every provincial nominee agreement obliges
the immigration officer to consult with an official of the nominating province regarding the intention
to refuse before the refusal is actually made.
If the officer, after consulting with the province, still intends to refuse, R87(4) requires that a
second officer concur with the decision to refuse, before it can be made official. Both officers’
names should be clearly recorded in the CAIPS notes.

Also check the OP7b pdf file from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/index.asp?v=enhanced

It also shows different clauses and other criteria that officer checks in a PNP application .
WOW!

Thanks for the info Aragorn165!!!! :)

i've read there that 80% of PNP under EE will finished the assessment in less than 6 months?

but others also takes morethan 6 months..

what factor will it contribute for the processing to be morethan 6 months?

Thank you!

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
enaid1026 said:
Hi Experts,

Thanks!
Provincial nominees are treated same like other federal nominees. Only the difference is that they get 600 extra points.
Normally factors which delay processing is security clearance by external agencies which is not in the hand of CIC.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
enaid1026 said:
WOW!

Thanks for the info Aragorn165!!!! :)

i've read there that 80% of PNP under EE will finished the assessment in less than 6 months?

but others also takes morethan 6 months..

what factor will it contribute for the processing to be morethan 6 months?

Thank you!
Delays in processing come from CIC backlogs, problems in your own application (such as if you needed an extension to provide certain documents, like PCCs), and background checks (which are performed by external agencies, and which are out of CIC's control).
In general, however, even with all the delays, you can expect your profile to be completed in 180 days- even mine, which had multiple delays thanks to the FBI constantly screwing up my request for my PCC, was processed in 182 days, or just two days more than the 180 day target.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
I saw some (less than 5) rejection in EE stage to PNP applicants, some cases are SINP.
They said they got rejection because of EE VO didn't recognize their NOC although PNP officer did.

Other rejection is not "PNP related", for example, lack of uploading documents, PCC doesn't meet the requirement and etc.

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Aragorn165 said:
Delays in processing come from CIC backlogs, problems in your own application (such as if you needed an extension to provide certain documents, like PCCs), and background checks (which are performed by external agencies, and which are out of CIC's control).
In general, however, even with all the delays, you can expect your profile to be completed in 180 days- even mine, which had multiple delays thanks to the FBI constantly screwing up my request for my PCC, was processed in 182 days, or just two days more than the 180 day target.
Hi Aragorn165!!

Thanks alot! great help for the info!!! :)
+ 1 for you!

I'm currently residing in SG and they said that SGVO is very slow in processing.. :'( so im not sure how long will my application be assessed after i submit it!

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your experience it give me boost! :D

Reactions: shipping

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Aragorn165 said:
Well 180 days is just an approximation, my AOR was 28 DEC 2015 and still waiting, we have many fellows here like me.

Reactions: shipping

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
hhhh said:
I saw some (less than 5) rejection in EE stage to PNP applicants, some cases are SINP.
They said they got rejection because of EE VO didn't recognize their NOC although PNP officer did.

Other rejection is not "PNP related", for example, lack of uploading documents, PCC doesn't meet the requirement and etc.
Hi hhhh,

What do u mean didnt recognize their NOC? do u have the thread link? I'm SINP PNP as well and my NOC is 2171..
Thanks!

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
FWSAPPLICANT said:
Well 180 days is just an approximation, my AOR was 28 DEC 2015 and still waiting, we have many fellows here like me.
I see.. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for the 180 days! :D
Thanks! i will update you with my timeline once submitted! :)

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
enaid1026 said:
Hi Aragorn165!!

Thanks alot! great help for the info!!! :)
+ 1 for you!

I'm currently residing in SG and they said that SGVO is very slow in processing.. :'( so im not sure how long will my application be assessed after i submit it!

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your experience it give me boost! :D
Well, CIC does say 80% of all applications will be processed in six months or less, so you have a 4 out of 5 chance of having your application done in the next six months. I would not worry, not for now.

FWSAPPLICANT said:
Definitely, there are absolutely cases that can go over six months- if 80% of all cases are done within six months, there are also 20% that won't be.
I was giving him the picture based on larger trends, hence my usage of the words 'in general' :)

Reactions: shaizeik

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
enaid1026,

I think I read them here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html

but I cannot remember which page.

It means SINP officer think your reference letter or job duty meet the description of a NOC, and decided nominate you on that NOC, but while in EE stage, the officer said his/her duty not meet the description of that NOC.

enaid1026 said:
Hi hhhh,

What do u mean didnt recognize their NOC? do u have the thread link? I'm SINP PNP as well and my NOC is 2171..
Thanks!

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
hhhh said:
enaid1026,

I think I read them here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html

but I cannot remember which page.

It means SINP officer think your reference letter or job duty meet the description of a NOC, and decided nominate you on that NOC, but while in EE stage, the officer said his/her duty not meet the description of that NOC.
Waaah ok thanks alot hhhh! :)