+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial nomination- residence requirements

kaur harjeet

Dec 18, 2018
Hello everyone

I got my PR from Alberta nomination. Due to this COVID-19, if I land in Alberta for 2-3 hours and then takes another flight to stay with a blood relative living in Ontario till this COVID-19 situation settles. Will there be any problem as I have to reside in the nominated province for 2 years?

Secondly, my first port of entry is Ontario in Canada then Alberta as there is no direct flight to Alberta. What if I stay in Ontario first till this COVID-19 situation settles and then move to my nominated province?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

I got my PR from Alberta nomination. Due to this COVID-19, if I land in Alberta for 2-3 hours and then takes another flight to stay with a blood relative living in Ontario till this COVID-19 situation settles. Will there be any problem as I have to reside in the nominated province for 2 years?

Secondly, my first port of entry is Ontario in Canada then Alberta as there is no direct flight to Alberta. What if I stay in Ontario first till this COVID-19 situation settles and then move to my nominated province?

Thanks in advance.
You want to be able to show that you have plans to reside in Alberta or there's a chance landing could be refused. If your first port of entry in Canada is in Ontario, you will want to show you have an onward flight or onward travel arrange to get to Alberta. You will need to provide an address in Alberta for the mailing of your PR card.

kaur harjeet

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

What if I show them at first port of entry(Ontario) my admission details to the course that I will be pursuing in Alberta? Would it work?

Secondly due to this COVID 19 situation, I can't show my ticket to Alberta as I don't know till what time I would need to stay in Ontario but I will return to Alberta before commencement of my course thats for sure. We thought of booking a flight from Ontario to Alberta once this pandemic situation settles. Also can we give them Ontario's address for my PR Card OR do I need to apply my PR Card once I get back to Alberta?