+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Health Insurance - Advice needed

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
Question.
Hello,

I completed my landing formalities in march 2012 and came back after 2 days. Now i am planning to move for good.

My family will be joining later in 3 months or so.

When i apply for OHIP, can i apply for my family also or do they need to be physically present to apply for OHIP?

Please advise.

Thanks,
KK

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kannadakanmani said:
Question.
Hello,
I completed my landing formalities in march 2012 and came back after 2 days. Now i am planning to move for good.
My family will be joining later in 3 months or so.
When i apply for OHIP, can i apply for my family also or do they need to be physically present to apply for OHIP?
Please advise.
Thanks,
KK
You can not apply for your family members, they have to go to service canada office with passport, COPR/ PR Card and address proof, pictures are also taken at that time, for minors no pictures are taken and the address of one of the parent is ok. Bank statement received at home address or rent agreement is taken as address proof

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
I second explorer on that and wanna give advise to everyone that when they open a bank account, ask the person opening account to have paper statements sent as if you get statemnents online, service canada won't accept it even if the bank manager certify the statements to be true, happened to my wife.

jazzalbart

Apr 17, 2012
Knowing your priorities will help you narrow down your choices and weigh the pros and cons of each plan. Just think about these few facts:
1. What monthly premium can you afford?
2. Do you want greater control over my medical resources?