+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Province query!

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all
In which province of Canada can we get a PR easily with study permit?

Best-
Tony

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't get PR easily in any province with a study permit but you should look into PNP. Some provinces have special programs for PhD or Masters graduates and most of them have a program that allows all graduates to apply if they have a job offer or in some cases after working for 6 months.

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You don't get PR easily in any province with a study permit but you should look into PNP. Some provinces have special programs for PhD or Masters graduates and most of them have a program that allows all graduates to apply if they have a job offer or in some cases after working for 6 months.
Yes, that is what i'm trying to ask. After studying a course in Canada, and we got a job there on that basis. how long would it take?

vishu639

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
Leon said:
Hi job offer is mandatory of application or one can directly apply after completion of masters ?

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
hey Leon ....
m coming here for 8 mnth course ...so m thinking to shift to saskatchewan after course completion ..cud u plzzzz tell me how long it takes to shift from provincial PR to fedral PR ??????????
and is dere surety dat u ill certainly get Fedral PR??????????????????????????

Leon said:

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonysilas said:
Yes, that is what i'm trying to ask. After studying a course in Canada, and we got a job there on that basis. how long would it take?
If you have to work for some months to qualify to apply, the PNP can take several months to nominate you, maybe from 3-9 months and then you apply for PR and that can take up to a year depending on which country you apply through. Not exactly fast but there is not much you can do to speed up immigration.

vishu639 said:
Hi job offer is mandatory of application or one can directly apply after completion of masters ?
BC has a fast track masters program for students in certain fields, see http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/student_pilot/who.page?WT.svl=LeftNav

Ontario has a program like that too, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

sofiasofia said:
hey Leon ....
m coming here for 8 mnth course ...so m thinking to shift to saskatchewan after course completion ..cud u plzzzz tell me how long it takes to shift from provincial PR to fedral PR ??????????
and is dere surety dat u ill certainly get Fedral PR??????????????????????????
There is no provincial PR, only federal PR. Getting nominated through a province is one way to get federal PR. First the province nominates you, then you apply for PR based on the nomination.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
LEOn =-=-=-=- eyah i mean being nominated by any province (my preference sasketchewen)....how long it takes to get FEDARL PR ....and is it true dat before getting fedral PR we can sponsor blood relatin

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sofiasofia said:
LEOn =-=-=-=- eyah i mean being nominated by any province (my preference sasketchewen)....how long it takes to get FEDARL PR ....and is it true dat before getting fedral PR we can sponsor blood relatin
After you get the nomination which can take several months after you may have already spent several months qualifying to get nominated, the processing time is as follows: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp
You can choose between your native country or getting processed in Buffalo.

When you say sponsor, you mean sponsor for a visit visa or sponsor for PR? You can at any time you are in Canada try to help one of your family visit you by offering sponsorship of them with your big bank account but they still have to prove to the embassy that they do not plan on overstaying.

To sponsor for PR, you must yourself be a PR. If you end up in Saskatchewan, you must have lived there for one year minimum and then you can sponsor certain close relatives if they meet other conditions on education, work experience, age and funds. These relatives must sign a statement that they will be settling in Saskatchewan.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
oakyyyyy thankss LEON ,....
processing tym is rewlly tooo mch ...!!!!!!!!!!
n suppose in dis processing tym ,,,my wrk eprmit expires ......?what wil happen in following cases?
:O

1) i am nominated by sasketchewen ..and goin to file my application for PR or have filed ..??????????

2) i hadnot been nominated by Sasketchewen .....n my wrk permit expires?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sofiasofia said:
1) i am nominated by sasketchewen ..and goin to file my application for PR or have filed ..??????????

2) i hadnot been nominated by Sasketchewen .....n my wrk permit expires?
In both cases you would need to apply to go from post-grad to a regular work permit.

1) If you are nominated by Saskatchewan, you will not need an LMO to get a work permit. You would send a copy of your nomination instead.

2) If you are not nominated, you will need an LMO to get a work permit but because you are coming from a post-grad permit, the employer will not have to advertise the job or look for Canadian workers before applying for the LMO, see http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml

It is also a question of if the course you are taking is seen as a 8 month course or a 1 year course. The academic year is also 8 months. If you are taking an 8 month course, you can only get a post grad permit for 8 months, otherwise a year. To maxmize the amount of time you can work, you should immediately apply for an off campus work permit after 6 months of your studies. If you get it before you graduate, you can work part time with it, up to 20 hours a week but after you graduate you can use it to work full time while you wait for your post grad permit.

If you look at http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student you see that in order to qualify for SINP graduate stream, you need to have worked for 6 months before applying. If you are only on an 8 month work permit, you first have to look for a job, then you must work for 6 months, then apply and wait for your nomination which could be several months. It therefore looks likely that you will be in situation 2). If your work permit ends up being for a year, then you will end up in situation 1) instead.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
thenaks LEon for replying .....n yur reply has created more queries in my mind,,..but 1st of all lemme tell u about myself-=-=-
my course is 8 mnth only exact ..n wrkprmt ill also be 8 mnths...n my course n college is in TORONTO n m thinking of shifting to SASKETCHWEN
my queries=-=-=-
1) As u told dat u shud get yur SIN after 6 mnth n start wrking part tym ...n den continue same job FULL TYM bfore getting PGWP .....as dere is 90 days tym to get PGWP ....let us suppose dat i wrk with same employer fULL TYM for 3 months............
now my question is dat will dese 3 months count for SINP....as dey specify dat """ yuh shud hav 6 mnth or 960 hours full tym experience in SASKETCHWEN "
So telleme will this full tym experience of 3 month of TORONTO ill count in SINP??????????????????

2) it is true dat we can apply for SIN after 6 mnths..but i hav heard dat it almost take 1.5 or 2 months to arrive ...in dat case i wud not be able to get offcampus wrk permit as my cousre is 8 mnths only

3) how to get regular wrk permit from PGWP???is dere fees or terms n conditions to fullfilll???
i hv heard sm ppl extend deir wrk permit by paying Lump amounts.....as LMO is very difficult to get
is deir any other way to EXTEND or renew Work permit???????????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sofiasofia said:
1) As u told dat u shud get yur SIN after 6 mnth n start wrking part tym ...n den continue same job FULL TYM bfore getting PGWP .....as dere is 90 days tym to get PGWP ....let us suppose dat i wrk with same employer fULL TYM for 3 months............
now my question is dat will dese 3 months count for SINP....as dey specify dat """ yuh shud hav 6 mnth or 960 hours full tym experience in SASKETCHWEN "
So telleme will this full tym experience of 3 month of TORONTO ill count in SINP??????????????????

2) it is true dat we can apply for SIN after 6 mnths..but i hav heard dat it almost take 1.5 or 2 months to arrive ...in dat case i wud not be able to get offcampus wrk permit as my cousre is 8 mnths only

3) how to get regular wrk permit from PGWP???is dere fees or terms n conditions to fullfilll???
i hv heard sm ppl extend deir wrk permit by paying Lump amounts.....as LMO is very difficult to get
is deir any other way to EXTEND or renew Work permit???????????
1) I never said you would get your off campus permit after 6 months. You can apply after 6 months. That means you will have it by the time you graduate. If you want to start a part time job in Toronto, that is up to you but when you graduate, you can go to Sask. with your off campus permit and start working right away while you wait to get your post-grad permit. Time worked in Ontario does not count as time worked in Sask. for SINP.

2) You would get the off-campus permit right as you are graduating.

3) Employer must apply for an LMO for you. If you are on a post-grad permit, the employer does not have to show recruiting efforts. Employer should apply 4 months before your post-grad permit expires. If you can't get an LMO, no amount of money can buy you a work permit.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
hey leon ...lisen u said "tym worked in ontario is not counted for SINP:
den wot is d meaning of 2nd line of 2nd point:____________

: ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream

You may qualify to apply under the SINP Student Category: Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream if:

1) You have graduated with a certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada. The program must have been equivalent to at least one academic year (eight months) of full-time study.
2) You have worked for at least six months (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan. Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on-campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sofiasofia said:
hey leon ...lisen u said "tym worked in ontario is not counted for SINP:
den wot is d meaning of 2nd line of 2nd point:____________

: ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream

You may qualify to apply under the SINP Student Category: Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream if:

1) You have graduated with a certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada. The program must have been equivalent to at least one academic year (eight months) of full-time study.
2) You have worked for at least six months (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan. Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on-campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
Your work experience has to be in Saskatchewan so obviously the reference there to on-campus and other work done during your studies only applies if you had studied and done that work in Saskatchewan.