+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing RQ requested documents during interview with Citizenship Officer

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
If you receive RQ during or at the end of interview with Citizenship Officer, and you have handy (during interview) all documents being requested, Can you just fill out RQ form and hand it back to Citizenship Officer along with requested documents before you leave the building? Do you think Citizenship Officer will accept this prompt response to RQ?

Thanks for your inputs.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
If you receive RQ during or at the end of interview with Citizenship Officer, and you have handy (during interview) all documents being requested, Can you just fill out RQ form and hand it back to Citizenship Officer along with requested documents before you leave the building? Do you think Citizenship Officer will accept this prompt response to RQ?

Thanks for your inputs.
Once you get RQ no use in doing things so fast. Even if you give it at the same time. The officer will not review. Rq is reviewed only in St.Clair office.

Having the docs handy may help you avoid RQ by showing enough proof of residency.

If you get an RQ. I would suggest taking it home and fill it with care. They may ask for any specific doc. It may not be standard form.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing barring you from doing this, but have you looked at the RQ? It's not something to fill out on the fly. You would have to have it filled out well in advance and have all the documents. There are more than a few.

The question is: Why do you want to do this? Why do you want to borrow tomorrow's problems for today? A problem that, statistically, you are unlikely to face. Why do you assume you will require an RQ? Is this assumption well founded and well-researched or is it based on uninformed fear?

Many people try to outsmart the CIC and outgame the wait times, but in my view such attempts usually help little and sometimes cause harm. Harm in wasted time, undermined credibility and unnecessary stress.

Torontonians please note: Toronto-area RQs are processed at St-Clair, but Yellowknife, Iqaluit, Vancouver and Fogo Island RQs certainly are not. I got an RQ in Montreal and it was processed in Montreal.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
The question is: Why do you want to do this? Why do you want to borrow tomorrow's problems for today? A problem that, statistically, you are unlikely to face. Why do you assume you will require an RQ? Is this assumption well founded and well-researched or is it based on uninformed fear?

Well, based on ATIP RQ triggers and feedback from real applicants on this forum, couple triggers will apply to me:
1-) Frequent travels to USA during the relevant period (more than 50 times for a total of 170 days of absences)
2-) Worked in the USA during the first 6 months of the relevant period

I did have a look at the latest RQ form and I have all documents requested on that form (as applicable to me)... That's why I was wondering if being proactive and promptly providing RQ response is feasible at all...

Thanks all for your inputs.

eileenf said:
There is nothing barring you from doing this, but have you looked at the RQ? It's not something to fill out on the fly. You would have to have it filled out well in advance and have all the documents. There are more than a few.

Many people try to outsmart the CIC and outgame the wait times, but in my view such attempts usually help little and sometimes cause harm. Harm in wasted time, undermined credibility and unnecessary stress.

Torontonians please note: Toronto-area RQs are processed at St-Clair, but Yellowknife, Iqaluit, Vancouver and Fogo Island RQs certainly are not. I got an RQ in Montreal and it was processed in Montreal.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
Well, based on ATIP RQ triggers and feedback from real applicants on this forum, couple triggers will apply to me:
1-) Frequent travels to USA during the relevant period (more than 50 times for a total of 170 days of absences)
2-) Worked in the USA during the first 6 months of the relevant period
1 is not a current RQ trigger.
If you have a work permit to the US that was open for longer than you were staying there (i.e. looks to be still valid for a year or two after you came to Canada) that may be an RQ trigger.

Regarding having all the documents at the ready, wow. You have 4+ years of paystubs, bank and credit card records and complete utility bills and mortgage or rental receipts covering relevant period at the ready? And health records summaries from the province? And records of movement from wherever you've had a visa or passport?

If you want, yes you could do it. Of course it's your choice. Personally I would bring a couple docs related to the work permit (like an i-94 or whatever document shows that you left when you left) and forget about banking records from 2010, which is likely irrelevant to any issues you would face.

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
arambi said:

Thanks for your inputs.
are you talking about the big RQ or just the lite one (CIT 0520)? I believe you can hand the docs if it is the CIT 0520 since they only request for a few docs (rental agreement ..etc)
but I am not sure if that will make any difference in the wait time . I am also not sure if your file will be stacked in the RQ pile or will be reviewed by the same officer and will go to the next step?

gte439u

Sep 27, 2013
arambi said:
I had most of the documents ready for the RQ when I had my interview after my citizenship test because I self-reported that I had forgotten a trip outside of Canada.

While I could have provided the documents to the officer at that time, I instead asked specific questions about the nature of the documents requested and how to best present them.

The officer also told me that, in the Edmonton office, the officers review the RQs in the order that one applied for citizenship in Canada.

I did ask the officer to check my passports to see if any stamps would require translation, and the officer did that.

I submitted my RQ in a three-ring binder 12 days after my test. It was well organized with a thorough table of contents and tabs.