+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing proof of means of financial support to my wife's visitor visa application

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
Hello all:

My wife and I are both first-year international graduate students; she is currently doing her Master's in the U.S., and I am doing my PhD in Canada. She will apply for a TRV in late October to visit me for a short period in December during the school winter break.

As an international student in the US, my wife does not have income; her parents provide her living expenses and tuition fees. My question is: Since I will be financially responsible for her visit to Canada, besides providing my Canadian bank statements, pay stubs, etc., does she also need to provide bank statements? Will the visa officer accept if I wire a few thousand US dollars to her bank account? I ask this because we don't have a joint account nor travel together; I assume only providing my financial documents is not enough, and the visa officer won't buy them. Is it better to transfer the funds to my wife so she can show in her application that she has sufficient funds for the trip?

Could you guys provide me with approximately sufficient funds for the visit? The airfare is only around CAD 1000, and she will live in my apartment. There are not many expenses for this trip (I live in MB so the general living costs are low). Is USD 4,000 in her bank account, plus my income (about CAD 4200) in Canada, enough for the application? Thank you guys!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello all:

My wife and I are both first-year international graduate students; she is currently doing her Master's in the U.S., and I am doing my PhD in Canada. She will apply for a TRV in late October to visit me for a short period in December during the school winter break.

As an international student in the US, my wife does not have income; her parents provide her living expenses and tuition fees. My question is: Since I will be financially responsible for her visit to Canada, besides providing my Canadian bank statements, pay stubs, etc., does she also need to provide bank statements? Will the visa officer accept if I wire a few thousand US dollars to her bank account? I ask this because we don't have a joint account nor travel together; I assume only providing my financial documents is not enough, and the visa officer won't buy them. Is it better to transfer the funds to my wife so she can show in her application that she has sufficient funds for the trip?As an adult she has to have her own funds. If someone is sending her the money, the funds are very recent. So make sure to explain that sufficiently

Could you guys provide me with approximately sufficient funds for the visit? The airfare is only around CAD 1000, and she will live in my apartment. There are not many expenses for this trip (I live in MB so the general living costs are low). Is USD 4,000 in her bank account, plus my income (about CAD 4200) in Canada, enough for the application? Thank you guys! Even if you live in Winnipeg or anywhere else, show some money which will cover her duration of stay. Factor in some places to visit

Since she has USA visa already, she may be approved easily on CAN+ however never under estimate IRCC

Good Luck
Already responded in another thread