+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provident Funds (CPF, EPF, PF, PPF) as Proof of Funds by PNP with PR Application

MSOOMRO

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 17, 2015
Nomination.....
March 17, 2016
AOR Received.
December 17, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Passport Req..
August 05, 2016
Dear All,

We hear different stories related to Proof of funds with PR application on IRCC level, lots of stories in this respect but no one have had concrete information. We need to eliminate assumption and let’s start a discussion on following basic questions.
Any one senior, who had already experienced this issue are gone through the process, please share your thoughts supported by relevant source.

1) Being a Provincial Nominee is it mandatory to show and satisfy IRCC on proof of funds with eAPR?

2) Does IRCC accepts Provident Fund Types i.e. CPF (Singapore), EPF, PPF (India), PF(Pakistan) with eAPR file?

3) If Province had already accepted Provident Fund type as POF, can still IRCC refuse to accept these funds with eAPR file?

Let’s put hands together and find the concrete information that may help all of us and others as well. If you have submitted PF as additional funds means other fund types already meet requirement of your minimum funds and you application is approved this does not confirms if PF was accepted as POF.

Note: We have already created WhatsApp group for those who had submitted PF with their eAPR file. So if you wish to join us by leaving your number and timeline in this thread.

Reactions: Naveed85

MSOOMRO

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 17, 2015
Nomination.....
March 17, 2016
AOR Received.
December 17, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Passport Req..
August 05, 2016
Saskatchewan Nominee under Skilled worker Express Entry Stream

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi there,

This info is based on my own research, which basically comprises going through posts on the forum, calling the OINP and reading about visa offices and nominee programs application guides.

Saskatchewan does accept retirement plans (or the Canadian equivalent), as stated on their application guide: http://publications.gov.sk.ca/documents/310/85142-appguide-sk-express-entry.pdf

I am inclined to think that they will give the same treatment to foreign ones as long as they fulfill the unencumbered funds criteria.

As per IRCC, a member of the forum posted an email from the New Delhi office stating that Provident Funds are, in fact, accepted as POF. The thing with visa offices is that they are trained to deal with regional documents. So New Delhi probably knows how a provident fund works and therefore accept it as proof.

In some European countries, pension funds are more flexible than in others, perfectly serving as POF, for what I've read, the Paris and London offices are used to work with these.

The OINP told me on the phone that they won't necessarily discard my pension fund as POF, but they do prefer to see cash in a bank account. The thing with a nominee program is that they probably don't have as much and as broad information as VOs.

This is my humble contribution.

Regards,

Serge

MSOOMRO

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 17, 2015
Nomination.....
March 17, 2016
AOR Received.
December 17, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Passport Req..
August 05, 2016
I have not seen any concrete information regarding acceptance of PF as POF.

Interestingly, I have also not seen a single Provincial Nominee case where PR application has been refused due to POF. I any one experienced this issue, please share.

MSOOMRO

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 17, 2015
Nomination.....
March 17, 2016
AOR Received.
December 17, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Passport Req..
August 05, 2016
SergeSD said:
Hi there,

This info is based on my own research, which basically comprises going through posts on the forum, calling the OINP and reading about visa offices and nominee programs application guides.

Saskatchewan does accept retirement plans (or the Canadian equivalent), as stated on their application guide: http://publications.gov.sk.ca/documents/310/85142-appguide-sk-express-entry.pdf

I am inclined to think that they will give the same treatment to foreign ones as long as they fulfill the unencumbered funds criteria.

As per IRCC, a member of the forum posted an email from the New Delhi office stating that Provident Funds are, in fact, accepted as POF. The thing with visa offices is that they are trained to deal with regional documents. So New Delhi probably knows how a provident fund works and therefore accept it as proof.

In some European countries, pension funds are more flexible than in others, perfectly serving as POF, for what I've read, the Paris and London offices are used to work with these.

The OINP told me on the phone that they won't necessarily discard my pension fund as POF, but they do prefer to see cash in a bank account. The thing with a nominee program is that they probably don't have as much and as broad information as VOs.

This is my humble contribution.

Regards,

Serge
Hi Thanks for your response. This is old user guide when SINP was not accepting Provident Funds as POF. Now, they have started accepting all kind of Provident Funds as POF. We are the one who got SINP nomination with only PF as POF.

Reactions: vyasch and faizan79

nainabjj

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
LANDED..........
soon
how i can show the PF funds for sinp nomination i mean what all documents are required to show??

123pinoy

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2016
AOR Received.
04-Aug-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
01-Jul-2016
my CPF is accepted for NBPNP.. i purely used CPF as my POF
i provided an LOE with screenshots from the CPF website making a strong case that its our money and can be collected upon renunciation of Singapore PR.

i am waiting for IRCC now

faizan79

Jun 17, 2014
Hi Thanks for your response. This is old user guide when SINP was not accepting Provident Funds as POF. Now, they have started accepting all kind of Provident Funds as POF. We are the one who got SINP nomination with only PF as POF.
AOA, can you plz share with me the format of PF letter, which is acceptable to SINP or IRCC. JAK

adbayaras

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
my CPF is accepted for NBPNP.. i purely used CPF as my POF
i provided an LOE with screenshots from the CPF website making a strong case that its our money and can be collected upon renunciation of Singapore PR.

i am waiting for IRCC now
Hi bro, I also plan to use my cpf as proof of fund. What documents did you submit? Did you provide a letter from cpf singapore stating the amount of your money or just show them your cpf statement as seen on your cpf account?

btw, what is LOE?

botong19

Jan 1, 2016
Hi bro, I also plan to use my cpf as proof of fund. What documents did you submit? Did you provide a letter from cpf singapore stating the amount of your money or just show them your cpf statement as seen on your cpf account?

btw, what is LOE?
Hi same question. Can anyone guide us on this. Singapore CPF as POF.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018

2017applicant

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Is PPF considered? My PPF is maturing in Feb 2018. I got a bank certificate with ending balance. I do not have any withdrawal certificate as no such is provided by my bank. I am showing PPF along with bank accounts. PPF constitutes 30% of the total funds which I am showing.

Please advise.

Dear All,

We hear different stories related to Proof of funds with PR application on IRCC level, lots of stories in this respect but no one have had concrete information. We need to eliminate assumption and let’s start a discussion on following basic questions.
Any one senior, who had already experienced this issue are gone through the process, please share your thoughts supported by relevant source.

1) Being a Provincial Nominee is it mandatory to show and satisfy IRCC on proof of funds with eAPR?

2) Does IRCC accepts Provident Fund Types i.e. CPF (Singapore), EPF, PPF (India), PF(Pakistan) with eAPR file?

3) If Province had already accepted Provident Fund type as POF, can still IRCC refuse to accept these funds with eAPR file?

Let’s put hands together and find the concrete information that may help all of us and others as well. If you have submitted PF as additional funds means other fund types already meet requirement of your minimum funds and you application is approved this does not confirms if PF was accepted as POF.

Note: We have already created WhatsApp group for those who had submitted PF with their eAPR file. So if you wish to join us by leaving your number and timeline in this thread.

rajoana82

Oct 22, 2017
Hi same question. Can anyone guide us on this. Singapore CPF as POF.
I went for a consulation with global at suntec and was told must be cash. Not cpf or house value.

Since 123 pinoy mentioned he was able to use it. We give it a try. Might differ for different pnp prog maybe.

adbayaras

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I went for a consulation with global at suntec and was told must be cash. Not cpf or house value.

Since 123 pinoy mentioned he was able to use it. We give it a try. Might differ for different pnp prog maybe.
Do not believe those agencies who are only after for your money. It was clearly mentioned at SINP website that provident fund is an acceptable proof of fund. The thing is what documents to show as proof of fund, because it was mentioned that they need a letter from the fund company stating the amount of money available to you; however, Singpore CPF do not issue that letter (I already got reply from them). So the only proof you can show is your statement of account which is available online under your account, pkus you may want to make a LOE why you cannot have a letter.
For my case, I did not opt to use my cpf as pof, instead I used my cash value life insurance.

Reactions: rajoana82