May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying outside of Canada, I am a Canadian Citizen, but a Costa Rica Resident. (Legally)

I work here in Costa Rica, as well help run a small tour company with my husband here in Costa Rica ( With whom I'm sponsoring)

I understand that we are required to provide CIC proof of our return to Canada with a Job Offer, School offer as well as a letter from a residence or rent recipts that we have secured a place to live there as well.

Has anyone else been required to provide these such things and if so, can you give me a brief outline of what you wrote or what you did to obtain these documents...?

Further more, does it help my case that I have proof that I am a resident here in my husband country and can prove with a job letter, Rental Contract, Pay Stubs Etc....

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
From my understanding your proof of employment/residency in Costa Rica will help prove you are residing 'exclusively' outside of Canada, something that is required for an outland application if you as the sponsor are not living in Canada.

As for helping your case, it doesn't show your 'intentions to return upon your spouse's PR approval'.

For this, a job offer or other proof you have mentioned is best. Proof of rental or living arrangements made are good but not essential as they are not always possible to provide if you are residing outside of Canada.

My wife (Canadian, living here in the UK) has (luckily) got herself a job offer, in fact she starts later this year, but we have also got a letter from her sister (any family will do) that she will let her live with her while waiting for me to arrive, so if you have any family already in Canada that may offer to put you up for a while, this is also proof of intention to return.

As a note, i believe other applicants have sent in job searches and rejections of proof of intent to return. A failed job application is still evidence of wishing to return

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rrdiggy76 said:
From my understanding your proof of employment/residency in Costa Rica will help prove you are residing 'exclusively' outside of Canada, something that is required for an outland application if you as the sponsor are not living in Canada.
These kinds of things can also be put in with your 'proof of a genuine relationship.' If the rental contract has both your names on it, it shows you live together. You will have to show proof you are living in CR, so use your visa and residency card. Proof you run a small business together is also useful.

And then, after the 'proof of a genuine relationship' section, you will have to prove you intend to return. If you want to return to CAnada, you must have plans about what you and your husband will be doing or want to do. Do you or does he want to go back to school? Then send copies of applications or acceptance letters. Wherre do you plan to live? Show evidence you have been looking to buy a house or rent a place; or get a letter from someone saying you will be staying with them while you get established. What kind of job do you hope to get? If you don't have a offer, at least show evidence of a job search. Do you hope to continue your tour business in Canada or from Canada? Evidence of plans you have made to do this is good: ads, screenshots of a website announcing your new Canadian office, inquiries about business loans in Canada, etc.