+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protector stamp for Canada (pgwp)

afridi37

Jul 15, 2022
Hi I'm currently in Canada on a pgwp and am going for vacation to Pakistan. It is my understanding that I need a protector stamp to leave Pakistan. How long does this usually take? Also, reading their website, it seems I need some life insurance and a medical fitness report. What if I don't have them? I gave my immigration medical test 6 years ag when I first came to Canada, I don't have any recent medical tests, and I can't get one in time during my short trip in Pakistan. Any help by someone who has gone through this will be appreciated. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I'm currently in Canada on a pgwp and am going for vacation to Pakistan. It is my understanding that I need a protector stamp to leave Pakistan. How long does this usually take? Also, reading their website, it seems I need some life insurance and a medical fitness report. What if I don't have them? I gave my immigration medical test 6 years ag when I first came to Canada, I don't have any recent medical tests, and I can't get one in time during my short trip in Pakistan. Any help by someone who has gone through this will be appreciated. Thank you
I can't help you with your protector question. However do you also have a valid TRV? You need to be holding a valid TRV in order to return to Canada.

afridi37

Jul 15, 2022
Yes, I do although that passport has expired and i have a renewed passport now. But I don't think that is an issue, right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I do although that passport has expired and i have a renewed passport now. But I don't think that is an issue, right?
Are you sure the TRV is still valid? TRVs are normally only issued until the expiry date on your passport.

afridi37

Jul 15, 2022
Yes, the old passport actually expires next year (as does the trv) but I'd gotten it renewed this year, and that one is not valid any more

Reactions: scylla

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Your question regarding the protector timeframe, it’s take only 2 days even you may get in same day.

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
Hi,
I am in this situation right now. I want to know if medical reports are needed? and how long does it take to get it done? I'll appreciate it :)

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
Medical report is not needed.
Thank you! And do you need a police certificate? I dont have one because I was 17 when i came to canada. If it does require, do i need to make one as I dont have enough time to stay in Pakistan.
Also, does it get done in a day? If you can share more from your experience, I would really appreciate it!!