+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protector required for Open Work Permit - Pakistani Citizen

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
What exactly documents are required for it? In the case of SOWP, there's no employer is define, then what needs to be done?
Required Documents:
1) Passport
2) Work Permit/ Work Permit Approval
3) Visa Stamp
4) Offer letter of University (In case of Open Work Permit)

For spouse you don't have to provide any document in terms of employment, as it is the OPEN Work Permit. In my case I explained them the situation and they just put the generic information in the employer section for my wife. That will work. Note that the protactor is only required in Pakistan and nothing to do in Canada, so put anything in the employer section, that will have no impact whatsoever in Canada.

malihakhan8

May 23, 2017
What exactly documents are required for it? In the case of SOWP, there's no employer is define, then what needs to be done?
I also have same question but documents I will be keeping is my medical that was approved from Canada, my husband study enrollment, my passport, my id, visa stamp on your passport

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
I am also looking for answers. I am going on 14 August. What documents are required in case of spouse open work permit . Since we don't have job offer.
You don't have to about employment details, you don't need it anyway. I have mentioned the required document above, check that also. Hopes it helps

Faisalkh11

Feb 5, 2022
You don't have to about employment details, you don't need it anyway. I have mentioned the required document above, check that also. Hopes it helps
Dear Brother
We Applied under HCCP (Home child Care Program ) (family of 5 and we got stamp visa (main applicant Restricted Work Permit , Spouse Open Work Permit , Two kids Study Permit and Younger one is on Visit Visa ) we plan to travel from pakistan do we need protector ? visa stamped in saudi arabia canadian embassy not from pakistan candian embassy and for visit visa we have to buy round trip ticket and for us single ticket is okay please reply Thanks

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
I have V-1 stamped on my passport but I’m on PGWP. I came to Pakistan for Ramadan and Eid and returning to Canada after Eid InshaAllah.

I want to ask are they going to ask me for protector?

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
I have V-1 stamped on my passport but I’m on PGWP. I came to Pakistan for Ramadan and Eid and returning to Canada after Eid InshaAllah.

I want to ask are they going to ask me for protector?
Yes, as its your work permit! They will ask for the protector. They asked me as well if I have the protector, and checked on the passport as well. So don’t neglect this. Get your protector as soon as possible!

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Yes, as its your work permit! They will ask for the protector. They asked me as well if I have the protector, and checked on the passport as well. So don’t neglect this. Get your protector as soon as possible!
I went to protector office today they saw my visa as it was V-1 they said I don't need protector. It is only for W-1 category.
By the way at which airport they asked you?

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
You need a protector if the official on airport ask about your purpose, I visited pakistan this year in feb , i also had V-1 (on pgwp) but the airline official ask about the status, as they know after student we get work permit, and then ask about the protector. It was the Karachi airport.