+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Refugee claimant

gsingh392

Oct 22, 2018
Hi, i m refugee in canada. I m on open work permit now . I m getting married in canada. She is a international student in university. I m thinking to withdraw refugee file after marriage.
My question is , will i be able to get work permit or any status. I will appreciate the help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What happened to your study permit and the refused post graduate work permit? Did you lose them because you applied for refugee status?

It's not a good idea to withdraw a refugee application simply because you've married another temporary resident. Withdrawing your refugee application will likely get you a removal order and no permit from your relationship with a temporary resident will overcome that. It may also cause your soon-to-be-wife problems, especially if you are declared inadmissible.

Reactions: Buletruck

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi, i m refugee in canada. I m on open work permit now . I m getting married in canada. She is a international student in university. I m thinking to withdraw refugee file after marriage.
My question is , will i be able to get work permit or any status. I will appreciate the help
You're getting married to an international student who isn't a citizen or permanent resident? An international student is a foreign national on a temporary status, basically, you can only get whatever status she has. Getting married to her will not get you a permanent resident. I will advice you consult your legal counsel representing you in your claim.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
It also sounds like you aren’t a genuine refugee and are just trying to remain in Canada.
Exactly. Definitely, the OP previous claim submitted isn't credible and perhaps, just trying to abuse the refugee system in Canada.