+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person wants to get married outside Canada

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi, I applied to refugee status inside Canada and I got the hearing and got the approval, my question is: I love a girl back in my country for more than six years and I want to Marry her, as I can’t go back to my country I was planning to do that in a third country, please guys is that gonna be possible to bring her to Canada as I just applied for the PR and still waiting for the decision! coz I don’t want to get married and live far away from her!

Have anyone been in the same situation before?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I applied to refugee status inside Canada and I got the hearing and got the approval, my question is: I love a girl back in my country for more than six years and I want to Marry her, as I can’t go back to my country I was planning to do that in a third country, please guys is that gonna be possible to bring her to Canada as I just applied for the PR and still waiting for the decision! coz I don’t want to get married and live far away from her!

Have anyone been in the same situation before?

Thanks
Getting married in a third country is the right decision - you need to avoid travel to your home country.

To answer your question, it most likely will not be possible to bring her to Canada soon. She would need a TRV to come to Canada as a tourist which has a very high chance of being refused due to your status in Canada. Once you are married, you will need to add her to your PR application. However she most likely won't be able to come to Canada until the PR application has been finalized and she has a PR visa. This could take a couple of years.

Reactions: Jets13

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Getting married in a third country is the right decision - you need to avoid travel to your home country.

To answer your question, it most likely will not be possible to bring her to Canada soon. She would need a TRV to come to Canada as a tourist which has a very high chance of being refused due to your status in Canada. Once you are married, you will need to add her to your PR application. However she most likely won't be able to come to Canada until the PR application has been finalized and she has a PR visa. This could take a couple of years.
What has his status got to do with his girl's application. I know someone who got his positive decision at his hearing and his wife and kids applied for TRV in their home country and they were granted. I also asked thesame question on a platform here but i cant find it and someone commented same . So now if u can explain how his status will negatively affect his girl's TRV, i shall be very glad.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What has his status got to do with his girl's application. I know someone who got his positive decision at his hearing and his wife and kids applied for TRV in their home country and they were granted. I also asked thesame question on a platform here but i cant find it and someone commented same . So now if u can explain how his status will negatively affect his girl's TRV, i shall be very glad.
Thanks
It is highly unusual for the family of an asylum applicant or protected person to receive a TRV. It will be assumed that they will not just visit and will stay and also file for asylum or try and extend their status as a visitor until they can be including in the Primary applicant’s PR application. Spouses and children can get to Canada but it is usually after the protected person (primary applicant) has been granted PR.