+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person want to apply PR

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
hi dear all
Can you please tell me step by step what we really need and how to apply PR after getting protected letter.

What documents required?
Can I do my self or i have to hire a lawyer?
I have family with kids so can we submit all together?
Does PR application required SIN social insurance number ?
Do we need to apply our health card first or PR ?

Please do help me. Since we received letter almost 18 days? Thanks

Jyromaxwell

Mar 29, 2018
hi dear all
Can you please tell me step by step what we really need and how to apply PR after getting protected letter.

What documents required?
Can I do my self or i have to hire a lawyer?
I have family with kids so can we submit all together?
Does PR application required SIN social insurance number ?
Do we need to apply our health card first or PR ?

Please do help me. Since we received letter almost 18 days? Thanks
Congratulations. Which province were you granted a protected person. If it is Quebec,then you can follow these steps:
1. Apply for CSQ(Quebec selection certificate )
2. Apply for Canada Child benefit
3.apply fit Quebec family assistance
4. Pick up the PR forms(schedule A, generic application form for Canada, schedule 14, additional family information), fill and submit them upon payment of $550 per adult and $150 per kid. Payment is made online.

You can schedule an appointment via a call(514 932 2953) to Centre social d'aide aux immigrants(CSAI) .they are locate at 6201, Laurendeau, Montréal QC H4E 3X8. www.centrecsai.org. Opening hours are 8:30am to 12noon and 1pm to 4pm. They will assist you with all the processes including getting the forms there without paying any fees instead of using a lawyer who may end up charging you for legal fees up to $1500 and above depending on the size of your family members

Like I said earlier this information is peculiar to Quebec, though might not be too different with other provinces.

Cheers.

yj09

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
1. You can refer to this link and prepare the required documents and forms. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html
2. Applying for PR as a protected person or convention refugee is pretty easy. You can do it on your own, but need to make sure everything you provide has to be consistent with what you have previously provided.
3. You family's applications have to be submitted with your application together.
4. No.
5. No.
Hope this can help.