+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person returning to Canada

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Trudeau said only Canadians and PR holders will enter Canada.... But protected persons don't have other place to go.. And they have a travel document from Canada... So I think they will treat them as PR Holders

Reactions: Chrislo77

sn1995

Oct 1, 2018
Trudeau said only Canadians and PR holders will enter Canada.... But protected persons don't have other place to go.. And they have a travel document from Canada... So I think they will treat them as PR Holders
I just talked to someone at Green and Spiegel. They don’t think protected person will be allowed into Canada. Hope the government comes up with more information on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just talked to someone at Green and Spiegel. They don’t think protected person will be allowed into Canada. Hope the government comes up with more information on this.
Also depends on where they are in the world. Getting a flight may also not be a possibility. Would add the it looks like you were considering applying for H&C. If you don’t currently have health insurance you should be try and get some although I assume many will not cover covid 19.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
According to following source; protected person or convention refugee with positive notice of decision letter is exempt from COVID 19 related travel restrictions to Canada:

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en&fbclid=IwAR3_5tRIZkRy-Fn9mKGr9E3HkwMCji8cgS3PEW5ymHWkvCBcYWM0ZxhKWcA

Non-application

 Section 2 does not apply to

(j) a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;

If you are protected person and have positive notice of decision from IRB; print the above page and show it to both airline and CBSA officer. You will be allow to return Canada.