+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person pr 2021 application

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Application received - September 9, 2021 ( Estimated remaining processing time: 5 Month - 80% complete )

Review of medical results - August 4, 2022 You passed the medical exam

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Invitation to Pre Arrival - Received on 19 October 2022

after that waiting for further updates.....

can anyone please give some rough idea about wait time to get COPR, sometime get worried about why no progress since 5 months

thank you very much in advance

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Application received - September 9, 2021 ( Estimated remaining processing time: 5 Month - 80% complete )

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

can anyone please give some rough idea about wait time to get COPR, sometime get worried about why no progress since 5 months

Did you call and ask them? webform or atip request? If you reach them they always answer

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022

Unfortunately, a rough idea of your eCoPR wait time is hard to predict, not just for your case, but for all cases because of variation in PR approval process. Incomplete application at the time of submission and slow response to document request always have huge negative impact.

In your case, you still have to receive eligibility passed letter before speculating and if you have, then your landing process will start any moment from now.

Good luck!

Reactions: betterlife999

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Unfortunately, a rough idea of your eCoPR wait time is hard to predict, not just for your case, but for all cases because of variation in PR approval process. Incomplete application at the time of submission and slow response to document request always have huge negative impact.

In your case, you still have to receive eligibility passed letter before speculating and if you have, then your landing process will start any moment from now.

Good luck!
thank you for reply.

Reactions: WATCHTOWA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Ignore the 80%. It is just an estimate of where you are in the processing based on previous timelines. Many people reach 100% for months before receiving PR. Current processing time is around 2 year so you are within normal processing times. Would suggest your look at the timeline for others waiting for PR as a protected person. You will find people posting posting about when they applied and many are still waiting. Reaching IRCC over the phone is a nightmare and takes luck and a lot of time to reach a person. Wouldn’t worry until your processing time is much longer than others waiting

Reactions: betterlife999

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Ignore the 80%. It is just an estimate of where you are in the processing based on previous timelines. Many people reach 100% for months before receiving PR. Current processing time is around 2 year so you are within normal processing times. Would suggest your look at the timeline for others waiting for PR as a protected person. You will find people posting posting about when they applied and many are still waiting. Reaching IRCC over the phone is a nightmare and takes luck and a lot of time to reach a person. Wouldn’t worry until your processing time is much longer than others waiting
Thank you for reply..

Apr 12, 2023
Dear All

My application submitted in September 2021

I just wanted ask one question

Today ( 12th April 2023 ) I got email regarding IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation)

in this email asking about following information

Name:
UCI:
Email one for the whole family
Original entry date:
Date of last time you entered Canada:

Location where you last entered
Are you currently inside Canada
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:ü

I just wanted to ask about
original Entry date

I came to Canada total 3 times
first in 2014
second May 2019
3rd and last ( after that I filled Claim ) July 2019

what should I write in original entry date ?
so question is Original date is first entry date or when you came and file the claim ?

Please reply ( expert advise needed )

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Dear All

My application submitted in September 2021

I just wanted ask one question

Today ( 12th April 2023 ) I got email regarding IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation)

in this email asking about following information

Name:
UCI:
Email one for the whole family
Original entry date:
Date of last time you entered Canada:

Location where you last entered
Are you currently inside Canada
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:ü

I just wanted to ask about
original Entry date

I came to Canada total 3 times
first in 2014
second May 2019
3rd and last ( after that I filled Claim ) July 2019

what should I write in original entry date ?
so question is Original date is first entry date or when you came and file the claim ?

Please reply ( expert advise needed )

Thank you in advance.
last entry would be that July one and if they are asking first entry as well so it will be 2014 simple and straight

Reactions: newlife.canada
Apr 12, 2023
last entry would be that July one and if they are asking first entry as well so it will be 2014 simple and straight
Thank you for reply.

Actually I was little confused about original entry date. ( but now clear that original entry is tge first entry )

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
My time Line from Application to eCOPR - ( 19 Months )

Application received - September 9, 2021

Background check - October 18, 2022 Your background check was completed. (updated on 18th April 2023 )

Review of eligibility - April 12, 2023 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below

Final decision - April 18, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details

Portal request - April 13, 2023

eCOPR - April 18, 2023

IRCC on Strike April 19, 2023

My Photo Review Pending - IRCC on Strikes :) Thank god before going on strike eCOPR received.

Thank you all for support, help and quick reply on my queries.

I hope and wish everyone to get their PR very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain911

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
My time Line from Application to eCOPR - ( 19 Months )

Application received - September 9, 2021

Background check - October 18, 2022 Your background check was completed. (updated on 18th April 2023 )

Review of eligibility - April 12, 2023 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below

Final decision - April 18, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details

Portal request - April 13, 2023

eCOPR - April 18, 2023

IRCC on Strike April 19, 2023

My Photo Review Pending - IRCC on Strikes :) Thank god before going on strike eCOPR received.

Thank you all for support, help and quick reply on my queries.

I hope and wish everyone get their PR very soon

Reactions: Rajeevkumar84