+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person can sponsor his spouse on visitor visa while spousal sponsorship application in process?

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hello Guys,

my cousin is a protected person in Canada and has applied for permanent residency for himself and his wife and son from outside of Canada.

He has received the eligibility to sponsor his family and his sponsor documents have been forwarded to his home country for further processing. His wife has not received the biometric request yet.

So, their spousal sponsorship applications in their country is in process.

My question is that Can my cousin can still invite his wife and son on visitor visa to Canada while their PR app is still in process?

Please advise me.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

my cousin is a protected person in Canada and has applied for permanent residency for himself and his wife and son from outside of Canada.

He has received the eligibility to sponsor his family and his sponsor documents have been forwarded to his home country for further processing. His wife has not received the biometric request yet.

So, their spousal sponsorship applications in their country is in process.

My question is that Can my cousin can still invite his wife and son on visitor visa to Canada while their PR app is still in process?

Please advise me.

Thank You
They can certainly try applying. Most likely the application will be refused. But no harm trying.