+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pros and cons of doing PM from Red River (Manitoba) and Centennial (Ontario)

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
PR is easy for Manitoba, i know..
But then ny other reasons??

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Manitoba is Cold, Min today is -31 and 2morrow is -36.

But its easy to get PR.

If you do course from Manitoba, you can apply for PR after 6 months of full time work. And you get it easily.

If you do from Ontario, u have to work in your field for 1 year,and its generally difficult to find .
Lots of students had moved to Saskatchewan and Manitoba for easy PR (earlier it was 6 months of full time employment now they changed it to 1 year for out of province students and even then out of province are started to get rejected)

so if you don't have family living in Scarborough, then choose Red River, its cold but u will survive.

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
In Manitoba there scarcity of jobs and you have to work for 1 year in the field of study.(no more 6months). In Manitoba I have heard that pr applications get rejected too. So buddy there is not even a single advantage for going for 1 year course in Canada. Hope it helps

kml87

Feb 20, 2012
I am totally agree with aman ,, u r going with 1 year course,, putting ur and ur family in risk ,,, If in-between of ur study , rule changes ,, what will u do???
If u want to go red river or Manitoba.. we r ok but at-least take a course of 2 years so that u can get 3 years work permit, In worst case if rule change u can switch to other provinces???
Like u land in Manitoba with old rule and after 6 months they changed that u have to stay for 1.5 to 2 years after completing of ur study in Manitoba to get pr here. what will u do in that case??
This was happened with me . I landed in quebec with rule that u don't need french to get pr. This was rule before 2012 jus google it. but after 6 months they changed to A2 level then B1 in next year,,, I m going to graduate next sem and rule goes up to B2 level of french which seems impossible for us.
u know 1 best thing i did ,, my course was 2 years,,,, now i will get 3 years work permit so i don't care these rules ,, i m in safe zone,, if it seems hard i will switch to other province too.
if same happen with u, what will u do????

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
aman6699 said:
In Manitoba there scarcity of jobs
Manitoba has 3rd lowest unemployment rate in Canada after Alberta and Saskatchewan.

aman6699 said:
you have to work for 1 year in the field of study.(no more 6months). In Manitoba I have heard that pr applications get rejected too. So buddy there is not even a single advantage for going for 1 year course in Canada. Hope it helps
Thats not correct, if u had studied in Manitoba for a year, u can apply after 6 months in any field, but if u had studies elsewhere in Canada and come to Manitoba for easy PR , u need to work for 1 year and had greater chances of rejection because of Ties to other parts of Canada.

Check the Web site http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/apply/students/

When you become PR, u have full mobility rights, no restriction of 2 years or anything. But if you stay after getting your PR, u can sponsor ur family & friends too for PNP .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International students encouraged to stay after graduating in Manitoba

Added incentive: Grads who stay in Manitoba to work are eligible for a 60 per cent tuition rebate.

Working Graduate is one means to establish the Connection to Manitoba required to be eligible to apply to immigrate to Manitoba through the MPNP. This category applies only to graduates of Manitoba post-secondary schools.

If after graduation you have been working in Manitoba continuously for at least six months with a valid work permit and your employer offers you a permanent job, you are eligible to apply to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program with priority processing.

Conditions:

You attended an authorized education or training program at a public, or registered private vocational, post-secondary institution in Manitoba.
Your program was full-time and at least one academic year in duration.
You successfully completed your program and were awarded a diploma, degree or certificate.
You have been continuously working for at least six month for the employer who has offered you a permanent full-time job.
You have a valid post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Your connection to Manitoba is stronger than ties you may have to another Canadian province.
You can demonstrate in a Settlement Plan your intention and plan to live, work and establish your work and family life in Manitoba as a permanent resident.
You have all qualifications and the English or French language proficiency to fulfill the duties of your job.**
** If your job is lower skilled (National Occupation Classification [NOC] C or D) you must meet the Government of Canada minimum language requirement.

Students outside Manitoba are not eligible to apply to the MPNP under the Currently Working in Manitoba category. However you may still apply to the MPNP ― provided that you demonstrate a connection to Manitoba that is stronger than your ties to another part of Canada. (Important: If you want to apply because you've been offered a job in Manitoba, note that you must first have been working for that employer for at least one year.

carl2341

Feb 20, 2014
aman6699 said:
In Manitoba there scarcity of jobs and you have to work for 1 year in the field of study.(no more 6months). In Manitoba I have heard that pr applications get rejected too. So buddy there is not even a single advantage for going for 1 year course in Canada. Hope it helps
I don't know why some of you bother replying even when you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
You're not going to help people if you give them the wrong information.

a) In Manitoba, you are eligible to apply for PR after working full-time for 6 months in ANY field, as long as you went to college/university there;
b) Manitoba has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.

The obvious downside to living in Manitoba is its brutal winter weather.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
carl2341 said:
I don't know why some of you bother replying even when you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
You're not going to help people if you give them the wrong information.

a) In Manitoba, you are eligible to apply for PR after working full-time for 6 months in ANY field, as long as you went to college/university there;
AGREE with this completely!

b) Manitoba has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.

The obvious downside to living in Manitoba is its brutal winter weather.
Are u from Manitoba??

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what about study 1 year (2 semesters) in manitoba, apply for PR, then work or continue study(another diploma) in other provinces? good idea?

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
hell911 said:
what about study 1 year (2 semesters) in manitoba, apply for PR, then work or continue study(another diploma) in other provinces? good idea?
See, if your parents can fund for 2 courses simulataneouslt, then its better to go for 2 year course in the beginning itself
For 2 year course, work permit is guaranteed for 3 years. and PR is easy for Ontario as well as ManitobA.
My case is different. I have my sister too coming for canada for further studies. So planning for 1 year course, will get PR, and then self sponsor further studies..Its like doing there from half rate :D

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
parul154 said:
PR is easy for Ontario as well as ManitobA.
If u find the job in your field of study only then its easy in ontario, otherwise not.

Students from Ontario, after getting their PGW, use to move to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and now gng 2 Alberta for Easy PR.
Becoz of them, Saskatchewan changed the PNP for students like cap on applications and increasing job exp from 6 months to 1 year.
now last year Manitoba did the same of increasing job exp from 6 months to 1 year.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a. working for 6 months in manitoba in ANY field will give you chances of PR?

b. but in ontario, we have to work in field related to the study? so isn't this disadvantage in early stages?

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
I'm also looking at coming to Red River College in Jan.2015 In sha Allah.
Diploma in Accounting.