UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application received by CIO: 21st-April-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR - 21st-July-2010
I posted this question to a Canadian Immigration consultant on AllExperts.com about the Property Evaluation as Proof of Settlement Funds.

QUESTION:

Dear Diana,

I am a citizen of Pakistan and also living in Pakistan. I have applied for Canadian Immigration and have got my Initial approval from CIC Canada. I have been advised by the CIC to submit the complete application with all the supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission in London.

My query is about the “Proof of Settlement Funds” requirement.

As per the Instructions guide (IMM EG7000) for Federal Skilled Worker Class on Page 31 it states…

10.Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.

In reference to the above statement I will be submitting my property evaluation certificate from a licensed evaluator as an evidence of my Proof of Settlement Funds. I plan to sell my property before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish myself.

Kindly confirm if the property evaluation as “Proof of settlement funds” satisfies the Canadian High Commission London requirements?

Thanks,

ANSWER:
CIC says : The applicant must clearly demonstrate that they have sufficient and available funds to meet the
requirements.

So, yes property evaluation can demonstrate you have that capacity.

Thanks for your email.

I repeated my question for further clarity

QUESTION:

Thank your for your response.

This means that only Property Evaluation is good enough as long it demonstrate the required funds there is no mandatory requirement to show the settlement funds only in liquid form.

On some Canadian Immigration discussion forums it says that it depends on specific Visa Office whether they accept Property Evaluation as proof of settlement funds. Please advise if this correct, because the CHC checklist specific to London and few others that I have checked asks for the following forms of evidence only, i.e

1. Current bank certification letter; or
2. Evidence of savings balance; or
3. Fixed or time deposit statements.

The checklist does not mentions about property evaluation can be used to demonstrate as proof of fund.

Kindly clarify this as it would help lot of us who are confused on this issue.

Thank

ANSWER:

I have already answered this question for you once before.

I have more than what is required, but all in the form of Property and I am not in a position to dispose off my Property at this time. I can dispose off my property at the time of leaving for Canada.

There are mixed opinions on different Immigration forums about the Property if it can be shown as the proof of settlement funds. In the guide it does says it can be used as proof of funds but unfortunately the visa office specific checklist is not very elaborative on this. I have checked some visa office specific checklist including London, Pakistan, India and some other and did not see any difference at all under the settlement funds section in each of these checklists. Where in the checklist it is mentioned Property evaluation is acceptable/unacceptable as proof of funds.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some visa offices accept property valuation. London visa office is one of them. Pakistan's original VO is Islamabad and I think rules of that visa offices would be applicable even when the files are now a days handled by London visa office. You will see that as per guidelines of Islamabad property valuation would not be a valid POF. Property valuation as POF is for the applicants from UK. Let others comment about this.

Gogy

Feb 8, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
1st AOR - 21st-July-2010
I had saved a copy of the Islamabad checklist when the cases were being sent to Islamabad and there is no difference at all in the Sattlement Funds section between Islamabad and London.

Is there any document available which actually specify which Visa Office accepts Property as proof of funds?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
*DANGER*
Both CHC-London & CHC-Islamabad DO NOT ACCEPT Property Valuation/s as POF.

-This has been there since beginning.
-Plz read their VO specific instructions:

CHC-Islamabad. Refer page no. A-4@
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37020.pdf

CHC-London. Refer page no. A-5@
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Qorax

*Unfortunately that Ms. Diana from AllExperts.com is talking bulls-h-i-t.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
*DANGER*
Both CHC-London & CHC-Islamabad DO NOT ACCEPT Property Valuation/s as POF.

-This has been there since beginning.
-Plz read their VO specific instructions:

CHC-Islamabad. Refer page no. A-4 @
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37020.pdf

CHC-London. Refer page no. A-5 @
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Qorax

*Unfortunately that Ms. Diana from AllExperts.com is talking bulls-h-i-t.
Hi

100% agree with Mr.Qorax, that Ms. Diana is a consultant just like other consultants and not an immigration officer so dont take her words for guarantee.

Cheers
saki

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
explorer101 said:
Some visa offices accept property valuation. London visa office is one of them. Pakistan's original VO is Islamabad and I think rules of that visa offices would be applicable even when the files are now a days handled by London visa office. You will see that as per guidelines of Islamabad property valuation would not be a valid POF. Property valuation as POF is for the applicants from UK. Let others comment about this.
This possibly may also be linked to proof of ownership. In the UK, the VO can easily check the land registry to verify that the applicant actually owns the property they are providing the valuation for. In other countries this may be more difficult and so the VO don't want the extra admin of having to get this.

Anyway if you send property evaluation as proof of funds please also remember to send a mortgage statement or letter from your mortgage company confirming the outstanding balance if you do not own the property outright, so they can see how much equity you have.

We sent 3 estate agents' evaluation and a mortgage letter with our application, including a covering letter with our calculations. Since we're able to prove over twice the minimum required funds in our equity we are hoping this will be sufficient.

However, we are also saving money in a savings account frantically so that we'll also have sizable liquid cash if asked for it.

Wayne.

Gogy

Feb 8, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
1st AOR - 21st-July-2010
Please find below the response I received from CHC London on Property Evaluation as proof of Sattlement Funds.

Thank you for your enquiry.

In support of your application, you should provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency that is available to you for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements.

Before approving an application, the immigration officer must be satisfied that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family when you first arrive in Canada. The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

When first arriving in Canada as a permanent resident you will also need to show immigration officials at the port of entry that you have sufficient transferable funds for your settlement in Canada.

You can show bank statements or saving statements or value of your property after the repayment of your mortgage.

If you have been offered a job or if you are going to work in Canada on a temporary work permit you may present proof of your salary.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
I agree to sir qorax!

I got a letter from cic-london last wk regarding POF. The VO put a note that property can not be included in the POF :(

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi OhCanada, than why do Gogy and i have two emails from VO london specifically saying that property valuation is acceptable. I got a similar kind of an email reoly from VO London as Gogy has pasted above.

Oh!CANADA said:
I agree to sir qorax!

I got a letter from cic-london last wk regarding POF. The VO put a note that property can not be included in the POF :(

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
haral said:
Hi OhCanada, than why do Gogy and i have two emails from VO london specifically saying that property valuation is acceptable. I got a similar kind of an email reoly from VO London as Gogy has pasted above.
I think it depends on the processing stage... maybe the VO is requiring us already for readily available funds coz we are already on the "PPR waiting stage". :)

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe..but its not logical.....if they accept property value letters than logically the same doc needs to sail through......and liquid fund proof should only be asked at landing when you have sold your property to generate enough funds for the Canadian begining

Oh!CANADA said:
I think it depends on the processing stage... maybe the VO is requiring us already for readily available funds coz we are already on the "PPR waiting stage". :)

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
haral said:
Maybe..but its not logical.....if they accept property value letters than logically the same doc needs to sail through......and liquid fund proof should only be asked at landing when you have sold your property to generate enough funds for the Canadian begining
Actually I was surprised when I received the update letter last wk... requiring us to submit a new POF w/ a foot note that our property can not be included in the POF. Goodluck & regards :)

greatmind

Sep 12, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogy Hi,

Can you please tell me which evaluator you are using for property valuation. because I am also in the middle of same procedure.

Thanks

Gogy said:
I posted this question to a Canadian Immigration consultant on AllExperts.com about the Property Evaluation as Proof of Settlement Funds.

QUESTION:

Dear Diana,

I am a citizen of Pakistan and also living in Pakistan. I have applied for Canadian Immigration and have got my Initial approval from CIC Canada. I have been advised by the CIC to submit the complete application with all the supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission in London.

My query is about the “Proof of Settlement Funds” requirement.

As per the Instructions guide (IMM EG7000) for Federal Skilled Worker Class on Page 31 it states…

10.Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.

In reference to the above statement I will be submitting my property evaluation certificate from a licensed evaluator as an evidence of my Proof of Settlement Funds. I plan to sell my property before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish myself.

Kindly confirm if the property evaluation as “Proof of settlement funds” satisfies the Canadian High Commission London requirements?

Thanks,

ANSWER:
CIC says : The applicant must clearly demonstrate that they have sufficient and available funds to meet the
requirements.

So, yes property evaluation can demonstrate you have that capacity.

Thanks for your email.

I repeated my question for further clarity

QUESTION:

Thank your for your response.

This means that only Property Evaluation is good enough as long it demonstrate the required funds there is no mandatory requirement to show the settlement funds only in liquid form.

On some Canadian Immigration discussion forums it says that it depends on specific Visa Office whether they accept Property Evaluation as proof of settlement funds. Please advise if this correct, because the CHC checklist specific to London and few others that I have checked asks for the following forms of evidence only, i.e

1. Current bank certification letter; or
2. Evidence of savings balance; or
3. Fixed or time deposit statements.

The checklist does not mentions about property evaluation can be used to demonstrate as proof of fund.

Kindly clarify this as it would help lot of us who are confused on this issue.

Thank

ANSWER:

I have already answered this question for you once before.

I have more than what is required, but all in the form of Property and I am not in a position to dispose off my Property at this time. I can dispose off my property at the time of leaving for Canada.

There are mixed opinions on different Immigration forums about the Property if it can be shown as the proof of settlement funds. In the guide it does says it can be used as proof of funds but unfortunately the visa office specific checklist is not very elaborative on this. I have checked some visa office specific checklist including London, Pakistan, India and some other and did not see any difference at all under the settlement funds section in each of these checklists. Where in the checklist it is mentioned Property evaluation is acceptable/unacceptable as proof of funds.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Gogy Hi,

Can you please tell me which evaluator you are using for property valuation. because I am also in the middle of same procedure.

Thanks
I know this is old, but it might be of help for future readers.

I got a request for property valuations as Self Employed immigration application - even though i submitted bank statement of more than enough cash for my family. from VO-London

So for I used the below:

Dubai Property Valuations:
https://www.dubailand.gov.ae/English/services/Eservices/Pages/ApprovedInsuranceCompanies.aspx

Pakistan Property Valuations:
http://pakistanbanks.org/pdf/professional_valuers/List_of_Valuers.pdf