+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work Experience

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this Canadian experience. Your job letter must state your roles and responsibilities to match the NOC. You can provide your contract, pay stubs etc.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hi all,

I received an ITA as the principal applicant under CEC. My husband was briefly in Canada with a work permit and worked for about 5 weeks. His former employer in Canada said they do not issue reference letters for short term work. I had included this work experience when applying for express entry. Should I just omit now when applying for the PR? Because I did not receive any points for it.

Thank you!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi all,

I received an ITA as the principal applicant under CEC. My husband was briefly in Canada with a work permit and worked for about 5 weeks. His former employer in Canada said they do not issue reference letters for short term work. I had included this work experience when applying for express entry. Should I just omit now when applying for the PR? Because I did not receive any points for it.

Thank you!
You can move it to personal history. There’s no change in your CRS anyways.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for your response. I did include under personal history but its still asking for a reference letter for him. So do you think I should just remove it since it does not affect the score?

Jash kaur

Feb 5, 2021
Hi, I have an issue with experience letter. While my continuous job experience ownership of workplace changed but my position, work everything is same and all the data got transferred from previous to new employer. So, now I can get my job letter from new employer, does it going to create any issue?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for your response. I did include under personal history but its still asking for a reference letter for him. So do you think I should just remove it since it does not affect the score?
Are you sure you removed it from work history? As the system should not be be asking for work reference letters only mentioned in personal history.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Are you sure you removed it from work history? As the system should not be be asking for work reference letters only mentioned in personal history.
Sorry my mistake. I had not removed it from personal history.

Also my husband is self employed but it would be difficult to get some documentation. If I include it under Personal History, do you think i need to explain anything with a letter of explanation? I am only worried because then he would have no work history, just employment under personal history as he has been self-employed for most of the years.

Thank you.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Sorry my mistake. I had not removed it from personal history.

Also my husband is self employed but it would be difficult to get some documentation. If I include it under Personal History, do you think i need to explain anything with a letter of explanation? I am only worried because then he would have no work history, just employment under personal history as he has been self-employed for most of the years.

Thank you.
Not removed in personal history?? Or work history?? You should remove it from work history and MOVE it to personal activities.

If you weren’t granted points for it in the first place, there won’t be any change in your CRS. Then there’s no need to explain.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Not removed in personal history?? Or work history?? You should remove it from work history and MOVE it to personal activities.

If you weren’t granted points for it in the first place, there won’t be any change in your CRS. Then there’s no need to explain.
Sorry again! haha. I meant I removed it from work history and left it in personal history.

Thank you so much for your help!