+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work Experience

Tiagop

Aug 22, 2017
I have a question/ issue that I thought would be common for business owner, but I couldn't find anything.
I just received my ITA and I need to send some documents until October. One of the documents that I need to send is proof of work experience of a business ownership period. Basically I should send:
  1. Articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, (30 Pages)
  2. evidence of self-employment income and
  3. documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (I have contracts, but again, a lot of pages)
Questions:
  1. Those documents needs to be translated? the first issue is that the translation is going to be very expensive for all those pages and the second is that 100+ Pages of Translations + copy of original, it will be impossible to attach.
  2. How many evidences of self-employment income should I have?

Can someone help me?

Tiagop

Aug 22, 2017
1 - Any document not in English or French must be translated.
2 - Up to you.
How to I attach all that though!? file size would be huge. I probably can't just translate/ attach first pages (with ownership information or agreement in case of contract) and last with signatures, can I?

Tiagop

Aug 22, 2017
I didn't translate the articles of incorporation myself, just the Chamber of Commerce records. Might be worth checking out if your country has one. You can read more here about what I did for proof of self employed income: https://www.canadaimmigrationstory.com/acknowledgement-of-receipt-received/
That's good. Chamber of commerce is one page only. That's better. but it hasn't much information in my country (Value of the company, ettc) is that still acceptable?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to I attach all that though!? file size would be huge. I probably can't just translate/ attach first pages (with ownership information or agreement in case of contract) and last with signatures, can I?
A friend of mine provided 200 pages to prove her common law union so it is possible.

Reactions: Tiagop

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a question/ issue that I thought would be common for documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (I have contracts, but again, a lot of pages)
Rather than translating all those contracts, could you get any letters (in English or French) from former clients attesting to the work you performed?

Reactions: Tiagop

immigrate87

May 3, 2017
That's good. Chamber of commerce is one page only. That's better. but it hasn't much information in my country (Value of the company, ettc) is that still acceptable?
Like it says on my blog post, you could just submit the Chamber of Commerce records, a letter from your accountant/whoever does your taxes to certify your tax returns and some letters from your clients. That's what I did. My application is still in progress though, so I don't know whether or not it will be enough :)