+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience from India.

Anosh777

Mar 29, 2020
Hello all, I had question regarding to prove my work experience from India. I used to work in my family business as a financial accountant and help the business grow as well. It was not a very big business though. It was a coal business run by our family and used to supply it to dealers. My question here is I used to work there for almost two years. I can get the reference letter on the company’s letter pad with all the job duties of accountant. Should there be all the duties as they are on the noc website? I mean for instance if there are 8 duties listed in the website should I be able to do all 8 of them in India also? Also I got paid in cash. How can I prove my proof of payment? Also in India income less than 250000 annually is non taxable. Do I need to give proof of payment also when I apply for express entry? Please advise.

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
there should be >50% match with the NOC
You'll need to provide payslips, plus since it is in cash and a family business they could run extra verification checks
ITR wont be needed unless they specifically ask for it.

Anosh777

Mar 29, 2020
You'll need to provide payslips, plus since it is in cash and a family business they could run extra verification checks
Well I didn’t get pay slips but can I show my bank account entry of money which I deposited after almost one year of collecting in Lum sum. What king of cross verification? Actually the owner of business is quite old now to be able to talk properly on phone. Also the other people who worked there are not comfortable with English. What should I do in this case?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I have a question on this topic.
For my work experience around 2 years , I got the cash salary. It was the work experience between my educational gap. Masters and Doctoral degree. I am wondering how to prove this experience. I have the employment letter but I don't have salary slips or back statements. I don't mind if concern authorities reach out to my employer as it was genuine employment. Can you please let me know how can I prove my employment ? without salary slips or back account statements.

Curlymonster

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions in general.
1st - I'm not getting my work experience points. I have more than 5yrs of experience from INDIA but when I'm applying for the application it is not giving me any point. (50 points)

2nd - I have studied in canada for 2 years and same issue I'm facing. I have completed the application but I'm not getting any points for Study in Canada (30 points in total)

Can someone please help me?? Thank you so much.
I have checked my application several times and its pretty straight forward. I would really appreciate your help. :)

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
For my work experience around 2 years , I got the cash salary. It was the work experience between my educational gap. Masters and Doctoral degree. I am wondering how to prove this experience. I have the employment letter but I don't have salary slips or back statements. I don't mind if concern authorities reach out to my employer as it was genuine employment. Can you please let me know how can I prove my employment ? without salary slips or back account statements.

Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
  • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-janu

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
This one will guide u in terms if proving work experience though its intended for express entry application, basically this is the requirement plus play-slips, bank proofs and so on..

Indiawala

Nov 22, 2022
Hey Holy Cow, any luck with your application? I am in a similar situation.

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi Holy Cow, any update on your application? I do have same doubt