+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of travel - Canadian passport urgent processing

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Good afternoon,

Just wondering what is required as proof of travel for urgent processing. The government website indicates that a plane, bus or train ticket is enough as proof but I want to make sure that nothing else is required (travel itinerary, hotel reservation, valid reason for urgency). I don't want to wait 4 to 6 months so I'm ready to pay extra fees. Also, do you know of any websites where I can get cheap fully (or even partially) refundable bus tickets to the US ?

Thank you.

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Don't get the bus ticket, they will require you a ton of things like a travel itinerary or hotel reservation.

They don't request anything if you have an air ticket.
So go to Air Canada and buy a first-class ticket to any nearest US city from your location.
Even though it will be more expensive, it's 100% refundable anytime before your flight.

Air Canada also allows to refund within the first 24 hours with the economy, but that means you must successfully apply documents within that 24 hours time frame. So I don't suggest buying the economy.

Cheers,

Good afternoon,

Just wondering what is required as proof of travel for urgent processing. The government website indicates that a plane, bus or train ticket is enough as proof but I want to make sure that nothing else is required (travel itinerary, hotel reservation, valid reason for urgency). I don't want to wait 4 to 6 months so I'm ready to pay extra fees. Also, do you know of any websites where I can get cheap fully (or even partially) refundable bus tickets to the US ?

Thank you.

Reactions: A_S

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Don't get the bus ticket, they will require you a ton of things like a travel itinerary or hotel reservation.

They don't request anything if you have an air ticket.
So go to Air Canada and buy a first-class ticket to any nearest US city from your location.
Even though it will be more expensive, it's 100% refundable anytime before your flight.

Air Canada also allows to refund within the first 24 hours with the economy, but that means you must successfully apply documents within that 24 hours time frame. So I don't suggest buying the economy.

Cheers,
Thanks man. This is the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated !

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even a hand written itenerary on a piece of paper will suffice. If you plan to drive to the US all you’ll need is the address of the destination, number of KMs and things like what land border you will use to cross into the US should be sufficient. Dont over think this.

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Even a hand written itenerary on a piece of paper will suffice. If you plan to drive to the US all you’ll need is the address of the destination, number of KMs and things like what land border you will use to cross into the US should be sufficient. Dont over think this.
Hi Screenager...Do you know anyone who has been through this situation. I currently work in the US. The processing time for passports at Gatineau is 3+ months. I am planning to make a trip to Toronto to apply for passport under urgent pickup stating that I have to come back for my job. I am planning to make the trip via road. Anything information I should have handy?

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
I think this one is a bit risky, if you get a picky agent it might not fly. I'll just stick with a refundable first class plane ticket, nice and easy.

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I did it recently (less than a month ago), and a bus ticket did work without questions. They will just ask whether you're sure you want urgent and if it can be moved, and I said it's for my partner's birthday which I didn't need proof for and no further question asked. And this was in downtown Vancouver which is fairly busy too!

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
I just applied for my passport today. I just presented a hotel reservation I made from Expedia for a weekend in the US that I booked today as well. They accepted it as proof of travel. My passport will be ready for pick up on the 11th of October. My hotel reservation was for 14th to 16th of October. They will not interrogate you about your trip. They will accept whatever you tell them. Bus tickets or hotel reservation as long as it shows you will be leaving the country would be sufficient enough as proof of travel.