canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanAbroad said:
Hi, my I'm sponsoring my husband and we live in the UAE. I was just wondering whether the letters that were from your friends and family were written to you or to the visa officer? Were they just letters stating that they knew you were comming or were they letters written to you specifically telling you things like "can't wait 'till you come...etc."? Also, did you get any of the letters notarized?

Thanks
The letters should be written "To whom it may concern", not to you. Notarization depends on the country specific checklist. It's usually only required for common-law apps but I believe some countries require it for married apps as well.

Mahtabr

Mar 19, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
The letters should be written "To whom it may concern", not to you. Notarization depends on the country specific checklist. It's usually only required for common-law apps but I believe some countries require it for married apps as well.

Hello There
I am exactly in same situation. Living in Dubai, I quit my job, and I am cancelling my UAE residency visa, but I am afraid this is not good enough. I hear stories that I should get a job offer or rental contract. We will live with my parents and as for job, it is not possible to get job offer from here!
My parents wrote a letter and signed by a lawyer as well , that we are welcome to live with them.

I am so worried and I must send the documents by next week. I would be greatly appreciated if you answer and tell me if everything went well with your case.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
echao said:
Hello,

My common law spouse received this email yesterday night:

I am the Canadian sponsor and we both live in Japan. I am already approved to be a sponsor. My question is what can I do to prove my intent on returning to Canada with her? We plan to go back together. Obviously I have no job in Canada right now but I do keep in touch with my connections from my old job. I hope to return to my old job as they seem to be always hiring.

I have maintained my Canadian bank account. Also, I will be renewing my Canadian Mastercard once the renewal card arrives. Most of my mail still goes to my parent's home in Canada. As for accommodations, my spouse and I will be staying with my parents until my brother's new house is complete. Afterwards, my spouse, my brother and I will live in his new home together. I can get letters from my family members to prove my plan.
Moreover, my brother came to Japan just last week for 2 weeks with the intention of taking back some of my belongings so I would have less things to bring home.

I know they probably want to know what time I intend to fly back. My work contract expires (though it is renewable) next April so hopefully we can get her PR before then. After receiving it, we will go to Canada. If the visa process goes beyond April, I will renew contract and then quit my job once the visa is obtained.

Somebody please help ???
I'm lost and confused on what I can do.
My sponser and i ( applicant) was same condition and manila ask us for more proof to return intention so we submit my wife Bank detail which she activated,her family support letter,friends know that we are in process so we submit her friends e mail and chats also her driving licence is going to end and we got letter from Ontario driving that she have to come to Canada for renewal so we submit this letter as well as a proof that we want to go there for good also her job contract and letter from her work that she can leave if she get her husband PR Before contract end.
One more thing if your home on rent so take letter from your home owner stated that you will move after getting your wife PR as well show them you are searching internet for job.
I hope it will help you.
Reg

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband whom is also my sponsor are in the same situation. We live in Sweden and are intending to move to Canada next fall/winter. I am so nervouse about the proof of returning to Canada since we have nothing but letters from friends and family! My husbands parents have written in their letter that we have told them about our plans to move back and that they will help us in any way possible when we arrive. Also our best friend whom we will most likely stay with when we get there will state in her letter that we have told her about us moving back and she is also gonna mention that she will let us stay in her guest room as long as we need. We were even thinking of her making up a lease/agreement that the guestroom is ours when we get there.

The only other thing I can think of sending with are copies of conversations from facebook where I talk to my friend that we will live with and also emails between my husband and the collage he intends to apply to when we move back.

Im so nervouse that this wont be enough. There is just no way that we would be able to get hired for a job from here or get bank accounts started :(

Any opinions on this?

wait4visa

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2014
AOR Received.
23-July-2014
File Transfer...
10-Aug-2014
Med's Request
10-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2014
Interview........
IP on 1st December Hopefully no interview
echao said:
Hello,

My common law spouse received this email yesterday night:

I am the Canadian sponsor and we both live in Japan. I am already approved to be a sponsor. My question is what can I do to prove my intent on returning to Canada with her? We plan to go back together. Obviously I have no job in Canada right now but I do keep in touch with my connections from my old job. I hope to return to my old job as they seem to be always hiring.

I have maintained my Canadian bank account. Also, I will be renewing my Canadian Mastercard once the renewal card arrives. Most of my mail still goes to my parent's home in Canada. As for accommodations, my spouse and I will be staying with my parents until my brother's new house is complete. Afterwards, my spouse, my brother and I will live in his new home together. I can get letters from my family members to prove my plan.
Moreover, my brother came to Japan just last week for 2 weeks with the intention of taking back some of my belongings so I would have less things to bring home.

I know they probably want to know what time I intend to fly back. My work contract expires (though it is renewable) next April so hopefully we can get her PR before then. After receiving it, we will go to Canada. If the visa process goes beyond April, I will renew contract and then quit my job once the visa is obtained.

Somebody please help ???
I'm lost and confused on what I can do.
You should get a tentative rental agreement from your brother and family to prove your intent to live in canada.

Also if you have enough money buy a condo or real estate property and that will help immensely.

Mahtabr

Mar 19, 2013
wait4visa said:
You should get a tentative rental agreement from your brother and family to prove your intent to live in canada.

Also if you have enough money buy a condo or real estate property and that will help immensely.

But dear how can all this be done within 60 days!
they gave us 60 days to send them required documents...

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello!

Just chiming in!

I am also living outside of Canada with my husband (I am the sponsor) and we included the following:
- a notarized letter from my father saying he's expecting us, that we'll be staying with him when we first arrive, plus that he'll be financially responsible for us upon arrival.
- print-outs of emails between friends, family, and I discussing our intentions and plans to return.
- a letter detailing WHY we want to leave (this was easy for us, we live in Syria) and what are plans are for leaving - such as: where we want to settle in Canada, what we'll do when we first arrive (in my situation: stay with my dad until we get on our feet, apply for university and look for work), that my job was aware of our plans to travel, etc. In this letter I also mentioned that I don't want to leave without my husband, and that we are simply waiting for his PR to be approved in order to leave.
- a letter from my employer basically stating that they are ready to let me go whenever my husband's PR is approved.

We weren't asked for extra proof, however our situation was a bit different (living in a war zone is pretty good proof of intent to resettle I think) and we have since obtained the PR.

I agree with some of the previous posters, how can we apply for jobs or make plans when we don't know exactly when we'll leave?

Best of luck!

ZheilaG

Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-16
Med's Request
25-08-2016
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
Hi! I am in the same situation now. Anyone here successful with the documents submitted? Pls. share. Thanks!