+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relationship

Gargipanvel

Mar 8, 2020
Hi,
My brother is in canada and i have got his pr and utility bills as proofs
For proof of relationship I have couple of questions
1. Will passport backside page stating our parents name will suffice?
2. In his passport there is an ‘A’ missing in my father’s name. Will that be a problem? If yes, what should i do?

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
hi

provide a notarized explanation lettter explaining spelling mistake .
1, Also provide birth certificate of yours and brother as extra proof.
2,if you both use father's name as Surname.mention this also in your explanation letter

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
2. In his passport there is an ‘A’ missing in my father’s name. Will that be a problem? If yes, what should i do?
Easiest and most used one are Birth Certificates, if not I would suggest using the passports.

MissL

Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
I have a sibling living in Canada. I have received and ITA however I a question on proof of sibling relationship:
1. Unfortunately my Dad did not get to sign my brother's birth certificate when he was born, so there is a blank spot on his birth certificate where our Dad's name should be and over the years they did not get it rectified. However his baptismal dedication certificate has our Dad's name on it. So was wondering as proof of sibling relationship could I upload my birth certificate(which has our Dad's name) and my brother's baptismal certificate? a feedback would be greatly appreciated?

MissL

Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
Thanks for replying. However I have some follow up questions:
1. Should I just upload all docs(my birth certificate, baptismal certificate and letter of explanation as one) in the slot for proof of sibling relationship or should I upload the letter of explanation separately in the slot dedicated for additional information?
2. Should the letter of explanation be written and signed by me as well as notarized?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Upload your letter of explanation in the additional information slot not together with your other documents. Your letter of explanation should encompass all aspects of your application which require clarification, if there are any other areas which you need to highlight, you can add them all to the letter of explanation you upload.

It's better for you to type up the letter of explanation for legibility. It doesn't have to be notarized. It doesn't necessarily have to be signed either, but there are many who choose to sign and date it, to show you formally stand by what you've stated in your LOE.

MissL

Apr 19, 2020
Hello

I have a follow up questions even though its not in relation to proof of sibling relationship.
So I got an ITA for the CEC stream. I have gotten all my work reference letters from my Canadian employers (both past and current). However I am having an issue getting a work reference letter from one of the organizations I previously worked for back home. I had only worked for two organizations in my home country prior to migrating to Canada. One of the organizations gave me a work reference letter but the other (which I had only worked for for three months) point blank refused to give me a work letter reference because they stated that I only worked with them for a short period of time and they cannot help me in this regards.

It should be noted that I have no proof of working for this company such as ( payslips, letter of offer, or any former college that could verify this for me) cause that was roughly about 2 1/2 years ago. Anyways I am planning on doing an LOE and creating a PDF copy of the email tread of the company's HR denying my request and stating their reason why and uploading it as one document in the slot designated for that job. Is this a proper course of action? and I am wondering is this a great cause for concern saying that I have the documentation to prove my Canadian experience? If you could provide me with some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated?:)

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi,
Hi. I have the same issue a minor spelling mistake in passport. What did you do? Please help

gautamatuag

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I am claiming points of sibling as my brother is in Canada.
My query:
1) We both have birth certificate, but our fathers name spelling do not match (ee vs i), and mothers name in my brothers certificate is only first name, while in mine its first+last name
2) Our passport have the exact match of our parents name

My question, do I only give passports as proof. Will that be enough?
Or should I give birth certificate as well and provide explanation.

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
Hi. I have the same issue a minor spelling mistake in passport. What did you do? Please help
hello Neha - what did you do in your case? I am also in similar boat where there is a letter "I" is missing in my mom's name in my birth cert whereas my brother's birth cert has "I"

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
hello Neha - what did you do in your case? I am also in similar boat where there is a letter "I" is missing in my mom's name in my birth cert whereas my brother's birth cert has "I"
Hi.
For me the error was of a missing letter. Since I had time so I re applied for the passport with the correct spelling. Didn't take a chance.