+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relation for crs points

krishnasingh

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I’m confused and I really need the experts advice.
I have a brother who is PR holder in canada, I’m claiming CRS points. But Our father’s name in our birth certificate’s has minor spelling mistake.
Can you please suggest me how to over come from this problem ? I need to submit my documents to cic in a month.
Please help me with your expertise.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What about your passports? Do you have your father's name in both passports with the same spelling?

krishnasingh

Oct 25, 2018
What about your passports? Do you have your father's name in both passports with the same spelling?
Passports are also spelling mistake, technically all documents relates to us have the spelling mistake actually my brother’s have correct name but my documents have spelling mistake

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Passports are also spelling mistake, technically all documents relates to us have the spelling mistake actually my brother’s have correct name but my documents have spelling mistake
If not passports, you can try providing birth certificates (yours and your sibling's) which has your parents' names in the certificate.

Is your brother a PR still or is a citizen? If citizen, you can try providing OCI (assuming you are an Indian, looking at your name).

If nothing works, you can get the spellings corrected in your passport since it is incorrect in your passport (it will just be a miscellaneous update and you will get your passport on the same day, if I am not wrong).