+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of settlement in Canada

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Hello,

I am applying as a sponsor from Japan where I live with my wife (for those that didnt see my previous posts).
In the case where the sponsor applies from outside of canada they ask for proofs of settlements in canada (job contract, lease, etc.) and a plan.
I wrote down a plan for them, but i thought it might be good to have at least one of the mentioned documents.
So I asked my sister's boyfriend to make a lease for a room in his condo, he did it, scanned it and send it to me by email so that i can print it and just sign my name.
I was wondering since I am not signing the real copy of the lease and since we are never going to use it, if it was worth sending it to CIC. They might not verify, but if they do and find out that this isnt a real lease i might get in trouble right?
What do you think? Should I use it or not?
Thank you again

NK

Aug 31, 2007
I too am applying from Japan and have just re-submitted documents of intention to settle in Canada. I initially tried to explain to CIC that its almost impossible to secure employment in my field when I have no known return date,, also, I wasnt able to fufill any of the other required options so I selected "other" and wrote a letter of my true intentions upon returning to Canada.. It wasnt enough.. So I found a "job" .. and sent them a "job" offer.

If the condo papers are legit.. I would send them.. It doesnt matter if you actually end up living there.
The less information they request while your app is pending the faster all this bullshit will be complete.

Ganbatte

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Thank you NK for telling me about your own experience!
I will definitely use the lease from my sister's boyfriend. I can sign the original a little later just to be sure.

Another question that I have concerning the registre de l'état civil du Québec and a wedding outside Quebec.
Since we were married in Japan last year and haven't been back to Canada since then, our marriage isn't registered in the egistre de l'état civil du Québec.
I have the form to do it, but it is said that i have to live in Quebec to do that.
Do I need the certificate from Quebec for CIC or just the translation of our marriage certification is fine?

Thank you

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
NK, i dont really know what kind of marriage certificate you get in canada outside of quebec, but when you applied from Japan did you send only your japanese certificate (if you were married in japan) with the translation, or you also had to get one from the canadian governement (like register your marriage in canada)?

Thanks again

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Ok, I just got my answer from somewhere else and just for people with a similar case who are wondering if we have to register our marriage in the registre de l'etat civil du Quebec when living abroad, the answer is no, we dont have to.