Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
My wife the PA, received an email this morning requesting proof her sponsor intends to reside in Canada when she becomes a PR. I have been residing exclusively in the US for the past 20+ years.

Here's the snippet from the email:

> Proof of Residency: Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency.
We currently live in the US and submitted the PR application along with the following as proof of my intention to return the Canada along with my wife.

This is the information we submitted along with our application as supporting evidence of my intention to return to Canada when my wife's PR status is approved.
  • Latest property tax statement as proof of home ownership
  • Mortgage statements from a Canadian bank
  • Revenue Canada tax assessments
  • Several bank statements going back many years showing wire transfers to Canada from the US
  • Proof of multiple trips to British Columbia with my spouse and extended family
  • A letter of intention to reside in our house in Canada when PR is finalized
I was approved as the sponsor in early October. Why are we being asked for proof of residency again? Beyond what has been submitted already I don't have any further information to add. Should I resubmit these documents?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife the PA, received an email this morning requesting proof her sponsor intends to reside in Canada when she becomes a PR. I have been residing exclusively in the US for the past 20+ years.

> Proof of Residency: Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency.
We currently live in the US and submitted the PR application along with the following as proof of my intention to return the Canada along with my wife.

This is the information we submitted along with our application as supporting evidence of my intention to return to Canada when my wife's PR status is approved.
  • Several bank statements going back many years showing wire transfers to Canada from the US
  • Proof of multiple trips to British Columbia with my spouse and extended family
I was approved as the sponsor in early October. Why are we being asked for proof of residency again? Beyond what has been submitted already I don't have any further information to add. Should I resubmit these documents?

Thanks in advance.
Intent to return is not a factor for sponsor approval. It is always reviewed at the end.

They weren't satisfied with what you sent, so you need to send more. Shipping quotes, job searches, communication with family/friends etc. Also submit proofs of intent to leave the US, such as giving notice, selling US property/assets etc.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They want more proof that you, the sponsor's intend to move back to Canada. So find more proof or start to act to leave US as suggested by canuck_in_uk.

" Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. "

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019

Thanks in advance.
Could it be the original documents were misplaced?

This is what shows up in GCKey:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipPRpgG4Po_L15pRyS7vSIbIN6G8lIGBjPLAwaW63FdX6IFNqY0FhBSSgFKr6sfHUg?key=amlucWxzWE52eVZrREswT1RoQV9kOXJwUms1d1lB

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
A letter of intention and "multiple trips" isn't enough.

They want to see plans to sever your ties in your current country of residence (quitting jobs, selling assets, etc.) and proof of plans to return (quotes for moving companies, etc.)

A letter isn't enough.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since you pr spouse seems to be living in Canada and you in LA there are likely well founded fears that this arrangement may continue. Proof that you have given notice from your job and selling or giving notice when it comes to your current housing in LA is another good proof.