22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you don't live together and are in different countries you just explain that in your letter, its normal. It's perfectly fine to send your fiancee (and later when she is your wife) money regardless if she is working. Keep the receipts and submit them with your application as additional proof of relationship.

As for adding to your credit card it depends on your bank if they require her to be residing in Canada or not and what they need in terms of id or signatures, etc... But if you can manage it then yes it would be great supporting evidence.

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
planningtogo said:
Hi,

My fiance and I are getting married this June. I am trying to familiarize myself and prepare for the documents that we need when I sponsor her.

I have some dilemmas about this as well as we did not live together and now she's currently working in Dubai and I am here in Canada. I am planning to add her name in my savings account in the Philippines when we get home.

Even if she's in Dubai, can I add her as a supplementary for my credit card? Will that be a red flag if I send her money even if she's there for work?

Thanks!
I am assuming you will apply using Spousal sponsorship - "outland" (as opposed to inland where you are already living together in Canada) where you as the "Sponsor" is in Canada (as a Canadian Citizen or Canadian PR) and she, the "Principal applicant" is in another country. Sending her money won't be an issue. In fact, it may help your case. As to adding her in your credit card...that would not be an issue for CIC. But I am unsure if Banks will allow you to add her (different banks have different regulations). But if you can do it, why not? It is not at all a red flag.

My wife...who is Canadian citizen immediately added me to her account, her life insurance, her work benefits the moment she got hold of our marriage certificate. That made our application easy and straightforward because we had the documents. I also added her to my life insurance and pension plan as beneficiary. I also kept the receipts of the money I sent her for the upkeep of the house.
Keep your receipts and all the documentation. You will need it later.

Goodluck. :)

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Rsquare said:
I am assuming you will apply using Spousal sponsorship - "outland" (as opposed to inland where you are already living together in Canada) where you as the "Sponsor" is in Canada (as a Canadian Citizen or Canadian PR) and she, the "Principal applicant" is in another country. Sending her money won't be an issue. In fact, it may help your case. As to adding her in your credit card...that would not be an issue for CIC. But I am unsure if Banks will allow you to add her (different banks have different regulations). But if you can do it, why not? It is not at all a red flag.

My wife...who is Canadian citizen immediately added me to her account, her life insurance, her work benefits the moment she got hold of our marriage certificate. That made our application easy and straightforward because we had the documents. I also added her to my life insurance and pension plan as beneficiary. I also kept the receipts of the money I sent her for the upkeep of the house.
Keep your receipts and all the documentation. You will need it later.

Goodluck. :)
so you sending your SA money to Canada wasnt seen as a red flag? I am a SA and we submitted western union receipts of the PA sending money to me. I read somewhere its usually the SA sending money to PA.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Money can be sent either way. Its normal for married people to financially support each other and share expenses. Its not always the sponsor that is better off financially, and even if that isn't the case, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a spouse doing for the other. Unless there are a bunch of other red flags and it looks like a case where the applicant is paying off the sponsor, but in normal circumstances of a genuine relationship this would strengthen the application.

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
ludabrown said:
so you sending your SA money to Canada wasnt seen as a red flag? I am a SA and we submitted western union receipts of the PA sending money to me. I read somewhere its usually the SA sending money to PA.
It's a non-issue who sends to who because it really depends on the situation. In my case, as the Principal Applicant, i sent my wife financial support and we showed it as part of my application. There was no question asked about it because it's normal as trikiliki had said. But financial support is just one of the pieces they will look at. They have to see that the overall picture and other documents in conjuction with financial support. I may send my wife money, but she named me as her beneficiary in almost everything. Plus ofcourse, we proved our relationship is public and known to many (having 500 likes on one photo Im sure helped). I think honesty is really crucial in the application.

Goodluck on your application :) all the best :)

I wish you goodluck :)

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Rsquare said:
It's a non-issue who sends to who because it really depends on the situation. In my case, as the Principal Applicant, i sent my wife financial support and we showed it as part of my application. There was no question asked about it because it's normal as trikiliki had said. But financial support is just one of the pieces they will look at. They have to see that the overall picture and other documents in conjuction with financial support. I may send my wife money, but she named me as her beneficiary in almost everything. Plus ofcourse, we proved our relationship is public and known to many (having 500 likes on one photo Im sure helped). I think honesty is really crucial in the application.

Goodluck on your application :) all the best :)

I wish you goodluck :)
Thank you.

I submitted my application on the 11th. I sent 20pictures as request along with some snap shot of both our instagram n fb post of each other with were liked and view by others along with my work benefit with him listed and financial support of him sending money to me...

even tho he's in Jamaica which is considered to have a lower income level than canada he still makes more than me and has no problem sending money to me nit that I need it but he'd rather me have it to maimtain my life style of traveling and shopping I hope its ok which the process was faster like just 1 month then we woild all be happier and less concerned....