Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Someone on here must have been in a similar situation?

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
jeff198901 said:
Someone on here must have been in a similar situation?
I wouldn't say I am in a similar situation...but having gone through the process (and a few of my friends as well...)

*If you have a cellphone bill-- add her
*if you have any insurance - add her
* the letter from your parents proves that you are living in the same address. Whether CIC will accept that in lieu of the first option is debatable. But there is no going around it.

Hence:

Make sure you provide stronger and clearer details in the other aspects of proving the relationship is real {wedding, photos, social media showing all your friends and family know you are married -- I showed a picture in my Facebook where 500 of my friends/family liked/loved our wedding picture, etc (it did help also there were 300 comments)}. Show a few pictures {candid} you're living in the same house. Having said that, do not over-compensate. All you can do is provide stronger details in the other areas.

Good luck :)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Rsquare said:
I wouldn't say I am in a similar situation...but having gone through the process (and a few of my friends as well...)

*If you have a cellphone bill-- add her
*if you have any insurance - add her
* the letter from your parents proves that you are living in the same address. Whether CIC will accept that in lieu of the first option is debatable. But there is no going around it.

Hence:

Make sure you provide stronger and clearer details in the other aspects of proving the relationship is real {wedding, photos, social media showing all your friends and family know you are married -- I showed a picture in my Facebook where 500 of my friends/family liked/loved our wedding picture, etc (it did help also there were 300 comments)}. Show a few pictures {candid} you're living in the same house. Having said that, do not over-compensate. All you can do is provide stronger details in the other areas.

We sent pics of our facebook profiles with around 1000 friends between the 2 of us, our profiles show our marriage status. We also sent 10 pics from different trips/visits and 10 pics from our wedding which shows all the parents/family together as well as us cutting our cake and the actual marriage itself. We included notarized letters from parents on both sides stating our marriage is genuine and a notarized letter from my parents stating we live together. Also a joint bank account with a little over 10,000$ in it and explanation letters why we could not provide anything else (joint lease/ownership and utilities). I think the notarized letter from my parents stating we live with them should help prove this. We will see what happens!

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe you can also supplement with a few pieces of mail that comes to each of you individually at that address, not necessarily bills if you don't have that, but anything else that shows you are each receiving mail there.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
trikiliki said:
Maybe you can also supplement with a few pieces of mail that comes to each of you individually at that address, not necessarily bills if you don't have that, but anything else that shows you are each receiving mail there.
She has received no mail here she had only been here since march 3 living

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
jeff198901 said:
We sent pics of our facebook profiles with around 1000 friends between the 2 of us, our profiles show our marriage status. We also sent 10 pics from different trips/visits and 10 pics from our wedding which shows all the parents/family together as well as us cutting our cake and the actual marriage itself. We included notarized letters from parents on both sides stating our marriage is genuine and a notarized letter from my parents stating we live together. Also a joint bank account with a little over 10,000$ in it and explanation letters why we could not provide anything else (joint lease/ownership and utilities). I think the notarized letter from my parents stating we live with them should help prove this. We will see what happens!
If you have a joint bank account, ask the bank for a written statement (account deposits etc) to be mailed to you and to her -- which may add to your case you are living together. I have a friend who asked for a copy of a check so that he can show that the mail was referred to both of them in the same address. O, print out your bank statement showing that in the banking records, you and your wife have the same address.

Other than that, I think you've covered pretty much what you can do given the constraints. In the end, they will ask for more if they want more proof {hopefully not}.

Her being a US Citizen doesn't really give your application more leniency in terms of documentary evidence. Everyone is going to be asked for the same documentary evidence. BUT when it comes to scrutiny, a few of us believe US citizens are doubted less since the economic situation in Canada and in the US are almost the same {standard of living}. In that case, her citizenship is more likely an advantage.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Rsquare said:
If you have a joint bank account, ask the bank for a written statement (account deposits etc) to be mailed to you and to her -- which may add to your case you are living together. I have a friend who asked for a copy of a check so that he can show that the mail was referred to both of them in the same address. O, print out your bank statement showing that in the banking records, you and your wife have the same address.

Other than that, I think you've covered pretty much what you can do given the constraints. In the end, they will ask for more if they want more proof {hopefully not}.

Her being a US Citizen doesn't really give your application more leniency in terms of documentary evidence. Everyone is going to be asked for the same documentary evidence. BUT when it comes to scrutiny, a few of us believe US citizens are doubted less since the economic situation in Canada and in the US are almost the same {standard of living}. In that case, her citizenship is more likely an advantage.

The bank (bmo) would not allow her to use my address on her bank statements because she has no personal mail or bills to my address, which I found odd

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
jeff198901 said:
The bank (bmo) would not allow her to use my address on her bank statements because she has no personal mail or bills to my address, which I found odd
I went around that by asking my employer in the US to mail me my pay stub to my (then) Fiance's address in Canada (and they did). But I guess it still depends on the bank.

If you have friends sending you cards or letters named to the both of you in the same address (congratulatory wedding cards, valentines cards, anything), I surmise you can add that to your application. I received numerous cards/letters addressed to me and to her (in the same mail), and I sent a few of those with my application.

I hope that helps. There is no guarantee, but send whatever you have.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ok I know I'm stretching here.... You or she can order something online and have it delivered to her at that address requiring a signature and show proof of that. If its a gift from you, you can submit the receipt since it also doubles as proof of genuine relationship being a gift and all :)

What about any emails or chat logs between she and her family or friends that directly mention her living there in your parents house? Or planning conversations between you and she that took place before she made the move, talk about tying up loose ends, etc...? She could print and you can submit things like that too. While not concrete evidence, it can strengthen the overall picture.

In any case, having that joint bank account is really good and the advice regarding getting your bank to mail the account statements to each of you showing you are both at that address is great and can be done quickly. Along with the notarized letter from parents stating that you are both living there, all your pictures and Facebook stuff, and if you are able to add her to your insurance and cell phone bill I think you will be fine.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jeff198901 said:
But if both your names are on the account can they not address with both your names and send the one statement to you that address? Again, if you have something delivered to her at that address, maybe you can use that proof of personal mail to have her properly added to the address on the account..?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
trikiliki said:
But if both your names are on the account can they not address with both your names and send the one statement to you that address? Again, if you have something delivered to her at that address, maybe you can use that proof of personal mail to have her properly added to the address on the account..?
Just found out she has an amazon account with my address and had had stuff shipped here too!

My app is already submitted, I am just thinking ahead INCASE it gets sent back

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
jeff198901 said:
Just found out she has an amazon account with my address and had had stuff shipped here too!

My app is already submitted, I am just thinking ahead INCASE it gets sent back
I don't think they'll send it back unless you don't qualify for a sponsor OR you and the PA forgot to sign something OR the forms are lacking. Those are the cases where they send it back.

More than likely, if they don't accept your documents as sufficient proof you're living together, they will ask to interview her. Then you can use the amazon account, more pictures and more proof to show you are living together. I surmise that would be your worst case scenario (having an interview). OR, they will just ask for more documentary proof (in which case, you can send the amazon account statement and letters/cards from friends addressed to both of you). The probability of having your application sent back is very, very low.

Good luck. :)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Rsquare said:
I don't think they'll send it back unless you don't qualify for a sponsor OR you and the PA forgot to sign something OR the forms are lacking. Those are the cases where they send it back.

More than likely, if they don't accept your documents as sufficient proof you're living together, they will ask to interview her. Then you can use the amazon account, more pictures and more proof to show you are living together. I surmise that would be your worst case scenario (having an interview). OR, they will just ask for more documentary proof (in which case, you can send the amazon account statement and letters/cards from friends addressed to both of you). The probability of having your application sent back is very, very low.

Good luck. :)

It seems some get sent back and some don't. Seems like the ones that do, don't have the explanation letters that I submitted. Thank you for the help! Much appreciated :)

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My fiance and I are getting married this June. I am trying to familiarize myself and prepare for the documents that we need when I sponsor her.

I have some dilemmas about this as well as we did not live together and now she's currently working in Dubai and I am here in Canada. I am planning to add her name in my savings account in the Philippines when we get home.

Even if she's in Dubai, can I add her as a supplementary for my credit card? Will that be a red flag if I send her money even if she's there for work?

Thanks!