+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship

allansolley

May 21, 2009
Dear All,

I have a couple of questions regarding Immigration I have applied under Federal Skilled Worker for Canada:

1) I recently have been asked by the officer to submit relationship proof. I have first aunt in Canada my mother's real sister. Now I read at a lot of places that we have to submit. birth certificate.. unfortunately my mother doesn't have one, what is the alternate. Though I sent them passport of my mom that has her DAD's name on it, so as a certificate from my aunt from canada that has her dad name on it..

They want more proofs? what can I supply this time.

2) Also my mother maiden name was different then her name now, as it got changed after marriage can I can submit a Affidavit ?

Its so confusing can some one help.

S

shibuya

You can surely tell ur aunt in canada to make a affidavit stating ur mothers name as her sister and also mention her fathers name.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
u need both birth certificates of your mother and aunt and Proof of residency of your aunt in canada e.g. utility bills etc.

anpur_192

Aug 2, 2009
hi,
i have my uncle (mother's brother) and i send birth certificate of my uncle and mother which saw the same father and my mother's marriage certificate which mention my father's name and my name both saw the same father's name. also in my birth certificate saw mother and father's names.
if you don't have birth certs then you can use school leaving cert or marriage cert where they see both mother and your aunt's father name and surname same.
that's what i sawed to them while my interview (interview is just for this relationship proof)
Thanks and don't worry

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
hi anpur,

Did they ask any thing else in the interview, like your job etc, etc

thanks

Jubaida

Dec 13, 2009
hi there
I have to submit my papers by 25th and i haven't got my uncle's papers from Canada yet. can I send the applicaiton now with a letter telling them that I will send the proof of relationship couple of days later? will it work? please suggest me. Another thing do I have to send the original transcripts from my univerisity in university sealed enveloped? is it mandetory or i can photocopy and make it noterized?

thanks in advance

Jubaida

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
I only have marriage certificate of my mother and my aunt who is in canada to proof relationship. My aunt doesn't have birth certificate. Would marriage certficate having same father name suffice?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
No problem. tell your relative in canada to give you an affidavit from Notary in Canada and state all the ambiguities. this will clarify all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jnathan said:
No problem. tell your relative in canada to give you an affidavit from Notary in Canada and state all the ambiguities. this will clarify all.
Except CIC/CHC won't accept it as they will consider it "self serving"

PMM

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have my step aunt in canada, can I get 5 points of relationship?
The relation is tht her father and my mom's father is same but mothers are different. please advice. Thanks

BR//Usman

Jubaida

Dec 13, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Except CIC/CHC won't accept it as they will consider it "self serving"

PMM
Hi there
today i submitted my documents without the proof of relationship. As my father died in 89, i have his school certificate results but my uncle who is a canadian citizen oculdn't provide me one. So i wrote a letter expressing my problems and asked them to allow me to send that paper with in next 2 weeks. Also i couldn't translate 2 of my 8 yrs old appointment letters and I asked for the time to do the translation. What do you think? do they give any time to consider the papers that i couldn't submit. I sumbimmted my uncle's passport, social security no, driving license, cnaadian police clearance too.
Please help me

Jubaida