+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship - what to upload

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hi all,

The checklist asks me to provide proof of relationship because I mentioned in the application that I have a sibling who is a PR. Even though I'm under PNP category and eligible for CEC, I think I'll still have to submit the proof of relationship.

I'm planning to submit:
1) Sibling's birth certificate
2) Sibling's PR card and bills + driver license to prove that they are in Canada

But do I need to provide my birth certificate as well, where it shows that we have common parents?

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
leonht said:
Hi all,

The checklist asks me to provide proof of relationship because I mentioned in the application that I have a sibling who is a PR. Even though I'm under PNP category and eligible for CEC, I think I'll still have to submit the proof of relationship.

I'm planning to submit:
1) Sibling's birth certificate
2) Sibling's PR card and bills + driver license to prove that they are in Canada

But do I need to provide my birth certificate as well, where it shows that we have common parents?
Yes, you need to upload your birth certificate as well in order to show that you have same parents.

Alternatively, you can upload your passport along with your siblings passport in order to prove relationship.