+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - What to include, how much?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It varies too much to tell.

narna91

Nov 26, 2016
Hi folks,

I am applying outland, but I have been living in Canada for 3.5 years, with my partner for 2.5 years, and in a relationship with him for 3.

I am getting ready to send my application, and I just noticed that the document says that "photos must be loose". I originally created a word document with the description of our many trips and the corresponding pictures below with a legend. There can be up to three pictures per page sometimes. Is that a problem, then? Should I only put one picture per page? Or just print pictures? I'm not sure what to do now.

Also, several forms ask for proofs of our relationship like pictures, bills and things like that. Should I print every proof several times? For example, do I have to include my 30-page photo album twice, because they ask for pictures in IMM5540 and IMM5490? I'm confused because they alway say to indicated which documents helps answering which question... So I wonder if I could refer to one photo album once only, but in several different forms. Same goes for passport stamps or plane tickets showing we travelled together, or bills and other mail showing we live together...

Thank you for your help!

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narna91 said:
Hi folks,

I am applying outland, but I have been living in Canada for 3.5 years, with my partner for 2.5 years, and in a relationship with him for 3.

I am getting ready to send my application, and I just noticed that the document says that "photos must be loose". I originally created a word document with the description of our many trips and the corresponding pictures below with a legend. There can be up to three pictures per page sometimes. Is that a problem, then? Should I only put one picture per page? Or just print pictures? I'm not sure what to do now.

Also, several forms ask for proofs of our relationship like pictures, bills and things like that. Should I print every proof several times? For example, do I have to include my 30-page photo album twice, because they ask for pictures in IMM5540 and IMM5490? I'm confused because they alway say to indicated which documents helps answering which question... So I wonder if I could refer to one photo album once only, but in several different forms. Same goes for passport stamps or plane tickets showing we travelled together, or bills and other mail showing we live together...

Thank you for your help!
You can leave the photos the way you have it arranged on the word document. It's fine.

As for the proof of the relationship, you don't need to print several time, just organized it all under the category of proof of relationship.

narna91

Nov 26, 2016
Thank you for your answer!

One last thing: since I'll refer to the same documents (proofs of relationship) several times, is it ok to put post-it notes on some of the forms to tell the person who will review the application to refer to "X page of X document", for instance?

Another situation would be in question 17 of IMM5440 - Sponsor Questionnaire: my partner had a common law husband before, so he has to answer yes to Have you ever been married or in a common-law conjugal partner relationship before. However, there is nothing to indicate which kind of relationship it was specifically, which in turn means that there is no way to explain why there are no divorce/separation papers attached - they just broke up and that was it. So I thought maybe putting a sticky note saying "common-law partner" would be the solution.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

Has good tips on organizing the application

Jan 21, 2017
Hello this is my case:

Start chattting- August 2015
Become Boyfriend- July 2016
See each other first time - December 2016
Marry- January 2017

My medical status HIV positive. What is my chance?

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipinopositive1982 said:
Hello this is my case:

Marry- January 2017

Will not comment on your medical status.
But you will probably get denied as you have not lived together

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hello this is my case:

Marry- January 2017

I'm pretty sure it will be difficult to be approved since you married 1 month after first meeting each other in person. Especially if you apply right away. They reject people who have known each other longer/lived together so you should try being together a while before applying.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Marry- January 2017

The fact you are HIV positive will not matter. You can be sponsored anyway.
The problem is you got married the month after you met in person. Include as much proof as you can of how the relationship developed before you met in person.
The problem with not applying right away is that can also look suspicious if you do not have a good reason to wait. If your husband could stay with you for a few months, and then came back to Canada and applied, that would be better.
In any case, he should come visit you as often as possible, and for as long as possible.

Mmihb2000

Sep 24, 2018
Hello folks,
Is a letter from a hotel can consider as approve of staying together . Actually we are living in this hotel for more than one year
Thanks

Ram_Pravesh

Mar 25, 2019
I am confused at a question of accompanying child in ePRA. My son is from first wedlock of my spouse.So he is Step Child. But I have also done adoption deed of my son after my marriage to change father's name in his passport. Should I mention him as Step Child or Adopted Child?