+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - What to include, how much?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
It's very important that under or behind the pictures you write the date it was taken and the people that are in it with you guys. Also pictures of gifts you've given each other, any type of chat, skype/viber/facetime calls, boarding passes, if he's sent you money include the receipts, anything that you think that works as evidence. My husband and I made a word document and as we were answering the sponsorship questionnaire we placed the pictures with the date below them.

ninahpot

Mar 12, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2016
AOR Received.
May 14, 2016
Med's Done....
March 4, 2016
is it okay to just print the pictures using my printer, not in the photo lab?because most of our wedding pictures and proof of relationship has been saved in our computer..THANK U... :)

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
ninahpot said:
is it okay to just print the pictures using my printer, not in the photo lab?because most of our wedding pictures and proof of relationship has been saved in our computer..THANK U... :)
Yes

bluecanary

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the chat logs, I was wondering how people on here have printed these. Do you copy the conversations and paste them into a Word document, or do you take screenshots? I wasn't sure if CIC would find copy/paste acceptable because people can edit them...

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
bluecanary said:
About the chat logs, I was wondering how people on here have printed these. Do you copy the conversations and paste them into a Word document, or do you take screenshots? I wasn't sure if CIC would find copy/paste acceptable because people can edit them...
I just printed screen shots so they look legit, could copy and paste or write anything into word so felt like this is better. :)

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crayon7 said:
I just printed screen shots so they look legit, could copy and paste or write anything into word so felt like this is better. :)
Using Facebook Messenger -

We were only apart briefly for part of our vacation times (we work together on a vessel), and even for just a few weeks, we have over 200 pages of conversation on Messenger and it sometimes toggles back to the current conversation when I try to keep scrolling up to older conversation.

Should I be print screening so much or regular copy and paste?

(PA is from a non-Visa exempt country)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would not submit all 200 pages, unless you do not have very much other evidence. Select a sampling. Screenshots are better, because with copy and paste you could change things or just make it up.

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
I would not submit all 200 pages, unless you do not have very much other evidence. Select a sampling. Screenshots are better, because with copy and paste you could change things or just make it up.
Great, I will do that! Thanks :)

harry1612

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
File Transfer...
20-10-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
21-07-2015/05-08-16 Remeds
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
I have got this request from NDVO to submit the marriage photos and proof or relationship. I do not understand why they requested the proof of relationship, since I have already submitted my Marriage certificate.

I however did send them the photos and marriage certificate again and more chats since the submission date till today.

Is it fine? What should I expect now from NDVO?

Keok

Apr 12, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
Nomination.....
SA: 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
15-04-2016
File Transfer...
AOR2: 26-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 12-05-2016
I'm a US Outland as well, and after reading this I think we may have included too much! Wish I had found this forum sooner, haha.

We included:
1. around 100 Photographs, printed on photo paper and then taped 2 per page to computer paper with descriptions & dates. We did these in chronological order and added captioning that kinda showed how our relationship developed.
2: Personal Communication: a few pages of holiday cards and poems/love letters we'd written each other, drawings I made for him etc. more mushy embarrassing stuff
3: Sponsor's Personal Essay: my husband wrote an essay from his point of view describing how our relationship developed.
4: Reference Letters: I believe the US checklist asks for at least TWO of these... Affidavits from friends and family regarding relationship. We included one from his dad, one from my mom, and a few from close friends.
5. Proof of Travel: Plane tickets, hotel receipts, spouse’s passport stamps, etc. (included joint travel together to visit my family)
6. Joint Leases - we had two previous leases, and one Affidavit of Residence letter from our current landlord, in place of a formal lease.
7. Joint Financial Documents - a signed letter from the bank attesting our joint checking account.
8. Tax Assessment from 2014 which shows that my husband Filed Common-Law.

We did not include any chat logs or phone bills. We no longer had access to chats from before we lived together, and now that we live together we don't have many. We called Virgin Mobile to request our phone bills for the past 3 years but the phone company said it would be upwards of 5,000 pages and all the texts just say "Virgin to Virgin Text Message", we didn't want to kill that many trees just to prove we call each other. We hope that our other proof will be enough.

Also I read your post about waiting longer in regards to FBI and medical submission - We sent our application without an FBI Background Check because of the long processing times, planning to send it in once we get a case number. This is becoming more and more common with all the FBI backlog so I'm hoping CIC accepts it. You can send it in without these and just add them later or when requested, from what I know. Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
harry1612 said:
I have got this request from NDVO to submit the marriage photos and proof or relationship. I do not understand why they requested the proof of relationship, since I have already submitted my Marriage certificate.
The marriage certificate alone is not enough for proof of the relationship. When you sponsor your spouse, you have to prove two things: 1. that you are legally married, and 2. that the relationship is genuine.
When they ask for proof of the relationship, they are asking for 2 - proof the relationship is genuine. So sending in the marriage certificate is part of this, but you need other proof as well. Since they sent you this request, it means the visa officer was not satisfied with what you did send.
Any proof of communication and any proof of time spent together can be used as proof the relationship is genuine. That is what they were asking for. If you have other photos besides the wedding photos, it would be good to send them as well.

harry1612

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
File Transfer...
20-10-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
21-07-2015/05-08-16 Remeds
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
canadianwoman said:
The marriage certificate alone is not enough for proof of the relationship. When you sponsor your spouse, you have to prove two things: 1. that you are legally married, and 2. that the relationship is genuine.
When they ask for proof of the relationship, they are asking for 2 - proof the relationship is genuine. So sending in the marriage certificate is part of this, but you need other proof as well. Since they sent you this request, it means the visa officer was not satisfied with what you did send.
Any proof of communication and any proof of time spent together can be used as proof the relationship is genuine. That is what they were asking for. If you have other photos besides the wedding photos, it would be good to send them as well.
Thanks. I have already sent photos and our chat logs after submission date till date. Is this going to delay the process?

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
hello friends.hope everyone is well.am very new to this website and will like to know if anyone can help answer some questions for me.My name is joel and my spouse is a canadian citizen and am applying from accra visa office

My questions today is that,
1.when sending our application,i added some proof of communication we had on facebook,few from emails,screen shot of whatapp calls but i just figured that,i can print some communications we had on whatapp.i have over 1000 pages of conversation to print which is mixed with relevant and irrelevant conversations.Do you guys think i wait on immgration office to ask for more proof or i can send it in now before its asked

Proofs i added to my application is
our daughter birth ceritificate who is a canadian
airline tickets copy of all my wifes siblings and parents who came for the wedding
our honey moon pictures
wedding pictures
engagement pictures
facebook chats
yahoo mails
wedding cards
our first meeting pictures

do you think this above will be enough to prove our relationship is real?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It sounds like enough. I would not send in the 1,000 pages of whatsapp unless the visa officer requests more proof. Keep collecting proof of your communication and any visits. If there is an interview, the visa officer will ask for that.

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
thanks canadianwoman.so tell me something,how long does it take to know if you will be called in for interview after application gets to VO?