Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
No explanation is required in regards to overlap. I do hope you did not make the mistake of working full-time before applying for your PGWP.
Thanks,

I started working one week before applying for work permit. But at that time i was having valid study permit and SIN#.

Anything to be worried now? What should be done to tackle, if required?

Thanks again.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear All,

I am writing in regards to the proof of relationship question for adaptability factor in Federal Skilled Worker points under Express Entry.

My father's brother (my uncle) lives in Canada for the past 20 years and is a Canadian Citizen.

Now, I would like to claim 5 points for FSW Adaptability. However, I can provide my uncle and father's passport which states the same name of their father. Is it more than enough? or do I need to provide both of their birth certificate also? My father age is around 65 and he doesn't have a birth certificate neither do my uncle.

I can provide the following:
1. A copy of both sides of my uncle's Canadian citizenship document.
2. Evidence that my uncle currently resides in Canada must be provided through documents such as a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.
3. Passport copy of my uncle and my father showing the respective parents name.

Is it sufficient? Looking forward to a positive response.

Regards.
Where I come from, on our identity cards, we also have the name of parents. So if I wanted to prove the relationship, I would show father's and uncle's national ID card showing name of same parents.
I don't know if you have that...

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi, I’m in the same
Dear All,

I am writing in regards to the proof of relationship question for adaptability factor in Federal Skilled Worker points under Express Entry.

My father's brother (my uncle) lives in Canada for the past 20 years and is a Canadian Citizen.

Now, I would like to claim 5 points for FSW Adaptability. However, I can provide my uncle and father's passport which states the same name of their father. Is it more than enough? or do I need to provide both of their birth certificate also? My father age is around 65 and he doesn't have a birth certificate neither do my uncle.

I can provide the following:
1. A copy of both sides of my uncle's Canadian citizenship document.
2. Evidence that my uncle currently resides in Canada must be provided through documents such as a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.
3. Passport copy of my uncle and my father showing the respective parents name.

Is it sufficient? Looking forward to a positive response.

Regards.
situation, did you get the ITa, and hopefully I assume you might be in Canada already. Did you get the 5 points for the relative in Canada or Canadian aspect? Please reply.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Did you get the
I had the same situation as yours, my aunt (father's sister) is a Canadian Citizen, however I managed to find her birth certificate which was very old and I provided it along with my dad's birth certificate and her current Canadian passport and any document that proves her residency (Utility bill etc...)

Now if you can not get hold of your uncle's birth certificate you better write an explanation letter explaining why you can't do that and I guess it shouldn't be a problem, a good idea might be a signed notarized letter from your uncle stating that you are his brother's son.

I hope this was helpful and good luck with your application.
points 5 for this aspect? Please help me, I’m in the same confusion. My dad’s brother is Canadian citizen.

The_Shinigamy

May 30, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply
-Can you please give me some points on what i should state on LOE in-regards to passport issue?
=Do you mean that i should say Because i am not able to provide any proof of his relationship with me therefore i have removed his name from my relative in the form. And also after doing this my CRS or eligibility is not getting effected under CEC.=

Can you please help me with a rough draft.

You help is much appreciated
Hello,

Can you tell us how did you deal with this issue?

Thanks!

The_Shinigamy

May 30, 2019
Hi,

Can you plz share what you did with your application. I am FSW-Inland. Living and working here in Canada on PGWP. I said "Yes" (my maternal uncle) who is canadian citizen.
Now i want to take him out (already received ITA). Can i take them out, and mention in LOE that i am not able to provide sufficient documents at this time thats why i am taking him out and my elgibility (67/100) is not affected after taking him out etc.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hello,

Thanks!

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hello,

Thanks!
I said "NO" while filling application .and then wrote an LOE and mentioned that i am not claiming any CRS or FSW MEC points with the fact that i can not arrange all the documents.

Currently my application is in Process. However, no ADR has been asked to-date.

All the best,

Reactions: horizonj

The_Shinigamy

May 30, 2019
I said "NO" while filling application .and then wrote an LOE and mentioned that i am not claiming any CRS or FSW MEC points with the fact that i can not arrange all the documents.

Currently my application is in Process. However, no ADR has been asked to-date.

All the best,
Thank you so much for your reply. I think it would be safer for me to answer with "yes" then upload the explanatory letter where the relationship documents are requested.

All the best.

Reactions: umer_razzaq90

JOSECESAR88

Jul 13, 2018
Guys,

My wife has an uncle which is Canadian citizen, can we claim 5 points in our application for EE ??

As a conclusion, which documents should we show as proof of this relationship that are accepted by CIC?

Thanks

JOSECESAR88

Jul 13, 2018
Guys,

My wife has an uncle which is Canadian citizen, can we claim 5 points in our application for EE ??

As a conclusion, which documents should we show as proof of this relationship that are accepted by CIC?

Thanks
I would like to get this clarified since in the CRS tool the question is clear:
"Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?"

- I do not believe having an uncle / aunt will give you points

any thoughts?

robcanada

Jun 13, 2019
Hello, I have a question regarding the Proof of Relationship as well.

When I was creating the express entry profile, I answered that I have an Aunt who is a Canadian Citizen and lives in Canada. My score was 496 and I got the ITA. Now I have to provide Proof of Relationship and I am not quite sure what to provide.

My Aunt is my mothers first cousin. They are not siblings, hence I can not provide birth certificates to prove that they have a common parent. Does any one have any ideas on what alternate documents I could provide?

Also, what happens if I make changes to my profile post ITA? Should I go remove my Aunt and say that I have no relatives here? I am afraid this may look suspicious to CIC and they may think that I was misrepresenting information.

I have been following this forum for months now and it has been extremely helpful. This is my first time posting here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello Gooner any update on what you did and how it turned out?

I'm in the exact same situation.

robcanada

Jun 13, 2019
Hello,

I now have ITA. I declared my Uncle is living in Canada. He is my father's first cousin. I just noticed that I did not even get CRS points from this declaration and it will be very hard for me to give proof of relationship. What is the most sensible thing to do?
- Change my declaration of relatives to NONE and provide Letter of Explanation?
- Don't change my declaration of relatives and just provide Letter of Explanation?
- Is it too risky and just decline invitation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would like to get this clarified since in the CRS tool the question is clear:
"Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?"

- I do not believe having an uncle / aunt will give you points

any thoughts?
No CRS points for aunts / uncles. CRS points are only given for siblings.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi,

Can you plz share what you did with your application. I am FSW-Inland. Living and working here in Canada on PGWP. I said "Yes" (my maternal uncle) who is canadian citizen.
Now i want to take him out (already received ITA). Can i take them out, and mention in LOE that i am not able to provide sufficient documents at this time thats why i am taking him out and my elgibility (67/100) is not affected after taking him out etc.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi, I hope you still get to read this. How did you do about your uncle? Did you go with removing him post-ITA and provided LOE? Thank you.

CESlol

May 21, 2020
My husband's niece put him as a relative here in Canada. She now got an invitation from Immigration Canada and is now being asking for a proof and indicated him as an "INVITER".
What does inviter connotes in here? He is not providing it because he doesn't have any other documents to provide afterwards like
proof of lease/mortgage, utility bills, etc. because it was all under my name (I sponsored my husband to come over here). I asked CIC/IRCC
and they said that if my husband does not want to provide, Immigration then they won't be force him. They are also vague why there is a word inviter
and have to clarify what she really put in her application, which she says FSW express entry. Thanks and hope somebody could answer my questions.