+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - Two statutory letters?!?!

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document naming your parents.
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor. Note: Photos must be loose; do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices.
Proof of your sponsor’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps.
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

Copy Pasted directly from the Country Specific - Family Class - Sponsored Person Guide. I am sponsoring my spouse who is Thai. I have everything they ask for ready to go. Planned on sending this forms off today. Reading it one last time before I packaged it all up, and read the two statutory declarations from individuals is required... Is this only for Common Law Partners?? Or will I need to do this for my spouse and I??

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
not required for spouses. Breathe a sigh of release and seal the envelope. :)

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAHHHHHHHHHH... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Spouses have a legal document to support their commitment. Common law and conjugal applicants require external confirmation of their relationships because the legal docs are missing.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I was sponsored in the common law class, we did not send any letters with the application at all. To be honest, I think we must have missed that bit in the application instructions. I was approved and got my PR in just under 8 months and that was Inland.

Hope that helps.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
AllisonVSC said:
Spouses have a legal document to support their commitment. Common law and conjugal applicants require external confirmation of their relationships because the legal docs are missing.
So couples who are married do not need to add letters from friends/family who knew about your relationship being genuine in the application form for Spousal Sponsorship?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Married applicants don't need to add letters from family or friends, but they can if they want. If you are worried that you don't have enough evidence of a genuine relationship, these letters are useful.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010