+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship to the principal applicant issue, please help

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi,

I was born in India, now a Canadian citizen. PGP2018, everything went well so far.

We received a letter today asking for proof of relationship to my parents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar
card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
This must be received at this office by:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My birth certificate does not have my name in it.

My school certificates does not have my parents name on it. They were not issued that way back in the days.

I do not have an Indian voter ID being a Canadian citizen.

I do not have an aadhar card being away from India for over 7 years, and Aadhar card is a recent thing. I cannot get one as well being a non citizen.

I do have a college transfer ceriticate that has my father's name on it.

I do have my old Indian passport that has my father's and mother's name on it, but that passport is cancelled and no longer valid because I have a Canadian passport.

How would I prove any of these. Please help!!!!!

They have not mentioned about any affidavit, but I see threads talking about affidavits. Can someone guide me please!!

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Just scan all the pages of your expired indian passport along with your matric or senior secondary school certificate. That will serve the purpose.

djsingh

Mar 14, 2015
Hi,

I was born in India, now a Canadian citizen. PGP2018, everything went well so far.

We received a letter today asking for proof of relationship to my parents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar
card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
This must be received at this office by:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My birth certificate does not have my name in it.

My school certificates does not have my parents name on it. They were not issued that way back in the days.

I do not have an Indian voter ID being a Canadian citizen.

I do not have an aadhar card being away from India for over 7 years, and Aadhar card is a recent thing. I cannot get one as well being a non citizen.

I do have a college transfer ceriticate that has my father's name on it.

I do have my old Indian passport that has my father's and mother's name on it, but that passport is cancelled and no longer valid because I have a Canadian passport.

How would I prove any of these. Please help!!!!!

They have not mentioned about any affidavit, but I see threads talking about affidavits. Can someone guide me please!!
Can you advise what action you took?

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
To update,

I ended up applying for a new birth certificate in my birth city. The process takes about a month or two, but you know in India and what the official want, so it got done within 10 days, and the officer himself called my father to come pick it up. So it worked.

I also submitted expired Indian passport copies, affidavit.

Reactions: Anks79

kcgaurav

Sep 22, 2021
hi I am in the same situation.Can you please advise what document you have provided?
Just provide the Birth Certificate which has Principal Applicant's name, Class X and XII Pass Certificate and Indian Passport Copy which has Principal Applicant's name. I was asked same a month back and I submitted my Class X and XII certs and Indian Passport copy. They all got accepted and yesterday my parents have gotten the request to submit Passports for PR.

Reactions: Anks79 and YVR123

Anks79

Oct 18, 2021
To update,

I ended up applying for a new birth certificate in my birth city. The process takes about a month or two, but you know in India and what the official want, so it got done within 10 days, and the officer himself called my father to come pick it up. So it worked.

I also submitted expired Indian passport copies, affidavit.
Thank you!