+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship to sister

aman_6291

Apr 21, 2015
Hi,

I am working in New Delhi, India and want to visit my sister (married and PR) in Canada. What proof of relationship could I use for applying a visitor visa? Also, She has a function at home next month(in around 30 days), which mode should I follow for application(Online or Paper app at New Delhi).Any idea about amount of funds to show would be great.

Would really appreciate sincere help. Thanxx in advance. :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
aman_6291 said:
I am working in New Delhi, India and want to visit my sister (married and PR) in Canada. What proof of relationship could I use for applying a visitor visa?
You can prove your relationship to your sister in many ways: Birth certificates of you/your sister (which have your parents names)..... you can also include a copy of her marriage certificate + if she made an affidavit to change her maiden name to her married name

Also, She has a function at home next month(in around 30 days), which mode should I follow for application(Online or Paper app at New Delhi).
It's a matter of personal choice to apply online or as a paper application

Any idea about amount of funds to show would be great.
Typically (just a thumb rule and not actually specified) you must have approx. CAD 1000/week of visit + funds to buy plane tickets + surplus funds.... there should be no large recent deposits in your bank account..... you must submit 6 months' bank statements

The key is to show overall strong ties to India.... this can be through employment/property/financial/family/etc as applicable to your situation

Based on the experience of some forum members, TRV applications processed by the New Delhi visa office have taken anywhere between 2-4 weeks recently

All the best :)

aman_6291

Apr 21, 2015
Thanxx a lot for your reply @Bryanna

I have another concern that my mother is presently on TRV in Canada living with my sister. Should I mention this in my application or not?? Should my sister mention this in her invitation letter??

Would appreciate your reply..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
aman_6291 said:
I have another concern that my mother is presently on TRV in Canada living with my sister. Should I mention this in my application or not?? Should my sister mention this in her invitation letter??
Hi Aman,

Even if you do not mention about your mom visiting, it will show up on the CIC database.

Having stated this, your sister can mention this in the invitation letter + state the date when your mom is returning to India (if your mom has confirmed flight bookings for her return then submit this as evidence)

Also, you can mention about your mom visiting Canada presently in your visa application.... and how.... apart from the 'Family Information' form which is part of the visa application, you can prepare an Explanation: My Family Ties.... in this list all your immediate family members/nationality/relationship to you/ their address details.... in this provide two addresses for your mom (her India permanent address + your sister's address and mention she is only visiting Canada until XX date)

You should list your dad/siblings/grandparents (as applicable to you).... who live in the same house as yourself in India.... also, if they are dependent on you in any way then mention it.

You can also list very briefly (no names or addresses) maternal/paternal relatives in India/abroad (ie. in countries other than Canada) as your extended family

This explanation should prove you have more family members in India.... than your family in Canada (your mom, sister and your b-i-l).... the visa officer will consider your family ties to both India and Canada to make the decision for your visa

aman_6291

Apr 21, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I am very thankful for your replies to my post "proof of relationship to sister". I have also read other posts of people thanking you for your sincere and helpful advice to them.I really appreciate your efforts in helping others.It would be really kind of you to help me also.

I am explaining my whole case below. Kindly suggest whether I should go with the TRV or not.

1. I am 23 years of age with permanent residence in Punjab,India. I am working for last one and half years in New Delhi with Tata Consultancy Services making annually INR 3,70,000 approx. I am living in New Delhi and have the proof of residence.

2.I have 2 elder sisters , both of them live in Canada - one in Edmonton,Alberta and the other in Toronto,Ontario and my B-i-ls in Edmonton and Baltimore USA respectively.

3. My elder sister is inviting me to attend her son's birthday party on 24 may 2015.

4. My Mom is already in Edmonton on TRV with return ticket on 25 august,2015.

5. My father is going to Edmonton on TRV on 18th May 2015 and returning with Mom on 25 August 2015.

6. My other sister is also attending the birthday party by joining from Toronto.

7. I myself have just around INR 50,000 in my bank accounts.

8.I and my father together own around 23 acres of agricultural land (my father does farming there making annually around 7 lacs i.e CAD $14000 ). I got my father to transfer INR 550000 (CAD $11000) to my savings account for Canada Trip. I will attach an Affidavit/support letter stating that he has provided me thses funds for the visit.

9. I will get my leave certificate and NOC from employer in addition to adding my pay slips for last 6 months. I plan to be in Canada from 18 may to 2 june.

10. My sister and b-i-l have CAD $19000 in their bank accounts.I will attach their PR card copy ,passport copy , bank statements etc.

Should I go for TRV ???? What are the chances? Any other documents I can attach ?

If TRV gets rejected, will it affect my future requests to CIC for visitor or study or PR applications.

Kindly reply soon. Waiting for your reply.Thanx a lot in advance

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Hi Aman,

Have you applied for the visa? Do let me know what was the result. I am also going to apply one.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@syconetgeek

No, due to some unforeseen circumstances, Aman has not applied as yet.... but he may apply in the near future

aman_6291

Apr 21, 2015
@syconetgeek,

Yea ,I have postponed my plan. Do tell me your result once you apply. All the best!!

@Bryanna. Thanx for responding.