+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship ITA

boriseli

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,

I am in the process of obtaining the docs for my ITA submission. I have an uncle in Canada, hence I have stated that in my profile. In my Documents checklist, there is a field called "Proof of relationship". Can anybody share any best practices in cases such as this, where the relative is not a spouse or a parent? I have heard that getting birth certificates is an option as well. Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp