+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship issues

pomato

Oct 24, 2016
We didn't have much in both our names other than our apartment lease when we applied. I sifted through 6 year's worth of Facebook messages, texts, and emails and provided them with some that reflected our real-life moments. Nothing says 'we're legit' than multiple emails asking each other when the landlord is coming to fix the toilet. I even sent an email chain from a not-so-good time in our relationship to prove that it's not always picture perfect, but we work on it together. Like life.

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
You'll be fine...have some faith because CIC is used to bs stories - even if what you say isn't what you think they want to hear, they actually prefer to deal with people who are totally upfront and honest. My husband's interview lasted 7 minutes (he timed it because he was freaking out...lol) and they gave him PR on the spot. We had every red flag possible too - so hang in there, it can happen! And with him being from Eastern Europe, being married less than 3 months before applying for spousal, we were successful. Not sure if it was a fluke, but in reality we do believe that being totally honest helped a lot...no, he hasn't worked in 10 years, yes he was divorced and me too, yes, we haven't been married for years...but we chose to be completely upfront and not feed them the bs they are used to hearing.

I think they like the honesty...shows you have nothing to hide and are genuine.

Hi, I was reading your advise/comments and it uplifts me and have high hopes that I would be able to find answers. I have concerns regarding supporting documents and what visa to take in my case.

I am from the Philippines and my fiance is a naturally born Canadian and resides in Niagara Falls. To give you a backgound, I and my fiance's s met online in February 2011 and been chatting with him via skype and yahoo messenger since then. We became couple so to speak until he decided to visit in February of 2013. Then, every year he visited Philippines and stayed for 2-3 months. He last visited me in 2015, I told him not to visit in 2016 hoping that I will be able to visit him instead, however, something came up and I wasn't able to process my papers for Canada. We've been 6 years and three months to be exact but, until now we have not figure out what is the best way to do so that we would already be together. We are already hopeless in a way because we've been planning regarding my visa going there but the problem is it didn't push through. This time, we would like to make sure that every document requirements should be prepared and submit completely to VO.

My fiance and I are planning to get married within this year and so we would like to prepare everything, the supporting documents be prepared so that when in time of submission, will make sure it is all complete. Honestly, I've been through the website of Canada, however, I just have the general requirements. At this point, I would like to ask for your advise, what are the other requirements that I need to prepare. How much money would my fiance would show as proof of support? Since he is a Canadian, would it be difficult for him to get me to Canada? Hope you would be able to give me some advise regarding this. I know it is a case to case basis when applying, however, I would still want answers that would validate our requirements.

Thanks in advance. God bless!

Regards,
Lucky

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
You'll be fine...have some faith because CIC is used to bs stories - even if what you say isn't what you think they want to hear, they actually prefer to deal with people who are totally upfront and honest. My husband's interview lasted 7 minutes (he timed it because he was freaking out...lol) and they gave him PR on the spot. We had every red flag possible too - so hang in there, it can happen! And with him being from Eastern Europe, being married less than 3 months before applying for spousal, we were successful. Not sure if it was a fluke, but in reality we do believe that being totally honest helped a lot...no, he hasn't worked in 10 years, yes he was divorced and me too, yes, we haven't been married for years...but we chose to be completely upfront and not feed them the bs they are used to hearing.

I think they like the honesty...shows you have nothing to hide and are genuine.

Hi, I was reading your advise/comments and it uplifts me and have high hopes that I would be able to find answers. I have concerns regarding supporting documents and what visa to take in my case.

I am from the Philippines and my fiance is a naturally born Canadian and resides in Niagara Falls. To give you a backgound, I and my fiance's s met online in February 2011 and been chatting with him via skype and yahoo messenger since then. We became couple so to speak until he decided to visit in February of 2013. Then, every year he visited Philippines and stayed for 2-3 months. He last visited me in 2015, I told him not to visit in 2016 hoping that I will be able to visit him instead, however, something came up and I wasn't able to process my papers for Canada. We've been 6 years and three months to be exact but, until now we have not figure out what is the best way to do so that we would already be together. We are already hopeless in a way because we've been planning regarding my visa going there but the problem is it didn't push through. This time, we would like to make sure that every document requirements should be prepared and submit completely to VO.

My fiance and I are planning to get married within this year and so we would like to prepare everything, the supporting documents be prepared so that when in time of submission, will make sure it is all complete. Honestly, I've been through the website of Canada, however, I just have the general requirements. At this point, I would like to ask for your advise, what are the other requirements that I need to prepare. How much money would my fiance would show as proof of support? Since he is a Canadian, would it be difficult for him to get me to Canada? Hope you would be able to give me some advise regarding this. I know it is a case to case basis when applying, however, I would still want answers that would validate our requirements.

Thanks in advance. God bless!

Regards,
Lucky

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
No worries, just add him to whatever you can, and explain it well in your application in terms of how long you've been together, why there is minimal proof of living together in one place (so far). So give a history of what you've been up to, and then something along the lines of "we have now settled in Canada, are leasing an apartment together and have started joining our lives together..." and attach the proof of the joint account, insurance etc...Just be very clear and very detailed, you will be fine! :) Honesty is the best policy and they appreciate that.

If it makes you feel better, my husband travelled for 10 years, with no job in that time, so trust me overcoming obstacles is possible. And we were lucky enough to go from start to finish in less than 4 months, despite I'm sure what would be seen as many red flags. We had an interview too...:) But we just celebrated his landing as a PR exactly one year ago yesterday.

Our case I'm sure was unique, however we were upfront, honest and explained absolutely everything!!!
Thank you for sharing your experience. May I ask, how long does the joint bank account need to be up to the day you submit the application? Ours is not even a year yet although we have lived together for more than a year and we share credit card account a long time ago.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I am working full time with benefits, however I had assumed that since he does not have a Manitoba health card that he wouldn't be entitled to join. But I may be wrong, I will have to look into that. Thanks for your response :)
I'm also in ontario and was able to add my husband to my benefits with no PR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm also in ontario and was able to add my husband to my benefits with no PR
Whether the person is a PR is not the issue. As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, most insurance companies will not cover a person who doesn't already have provincial coverage, as employer plans are meant as a top-up to provincial coverage. Whether a person without provincial coverage qualifies needs to be confirmed directly with the insurance company underwriters.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Whether the person is a PR is not the issue. As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, most insurance companies will not cover a person who doesn't already have provincial coverage, as employer plans are meant as a top-up to provincial coverage. Whether a person without provincial coverage qualifies needs to be confirmed directly with the insurance company underwriters.
Ok I get that. And I would assume and hope by me saying PR one would hopefully know that means no Ohip ( or provincial insurance ) so excuse me for not being detailed enough. And I was simply stating it can happen as i was successful getting it done. thanks tho

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok I get that. And I would assume and hope by me saying PR one would hopefully know that means no Ohip ( or provincial insurance ) so excuse me for not being detailed enough. And I was simply stating it can happen as i was successful getting it done. thanks tho
Except that "no PR" doesn't mean "no OHIP", as it is very possible for temporary residents to have OHIP, including those being sponsored inland with an OWP and a job.

It is very important to note that people need to confirm directly with the underwriters (not the employer/HR) that the partner can be covered on the extended plan without having provincial coverage. If they aren't actually allowed to be on the plan without provincial coverage and they make claims, the insurance company can and will go after them for to recover that money.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Except that "no PR" doesn't mean "no OHIP", as it is very possible for temporary residents to have OHIP, including those being sponsored inland with an OWP and a job.

It is very important to note that people need to confirm directly with the underwriters (not the employer/HR) that the partner can be covered on the extended plan without having provincial coverage. If they aren't actually allowed to be on the plan without provincial coverage and they make claims, the insurance company can and will go after them for to recover that money.
ok. sure ☺

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This was exactly what I was told by my HR. So until my hubby got his provincial health coverage, he wasn't covered by the extended plan.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
This was exactly what I was told by my HR. So until my hubby got his provincial health coverage, he wasn't covered by the extended plan.
just interesting to me as it worked for us. we have even used dental. also have a friend who is in same position and used his wifes dental with no issues either obviously he would not be covered for things that provincial covers like drs visits labs etc . but he IS on my benefits for dental , chiropractic , therapy , life insurance etc

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
just interesting to me as it worked for us. we have even used dental. also have a friend who is in same position and used his wifes dental with no issues either obviously he would not be covered for things that provincial covers like drs visits labs etc . but he IS on my benefits for dental , chiropractic , therapy , life insurance etc
I suggest you anonymously contact the insurance underwriters directly and find out if provincial coverage is necessary. I would bet that your employer/HR screwed up by not verifying that he had provincial coverage before adding him to the plan.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I suggest you anonymously contact the insurance underwriters directly and find out if provincial coverage is necessary. I would bet that your employer/HR screwed up by not verifying that he had provincial coverage before adding him to the plan.
Not saying that isn't a possibility. But our dental claims went through and some time ago. Wouldn't they have said something already?

as for HR , I specifically asked her too and she said it would be fine. when adding him it was my thought it couldnt be done also. It was her who made me go against my original thought on it. but all has been ok so far.

interesting tho. I may ask again now

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not saying that isn't a possibility. But our dental claims went through and some time ago. Wouldn't they have said something already?

as for HR , I specifically asked her too and she said it would be fine. when adding him it was my thought it couldnt be done also. It was her who made me go against my original thought on it. but all has been ok so far.

interesting tho. I may ask again now
The claims would have gone through without issue, as the insurance company has no way to know he doesn't have provincial coverage.

Don't go back to your HR to ask. Ask the insurance company directly. But as I said, do it anonymously because if he has claimed when not actually allowed and they find out, he will have to pay everything back. It is technically insurance fraud.