May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

My brother became a permanent resident last month. He has completed his landing and has received a COPR. However he has not yet received his PR card. Can I submit his COPR, Indian passport, lease agreement, our birth certificates as supporting to prove my proof of relationship to him? Please advise.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Re: Proof of relationship

I think you might also include something that actually shows he is residing in Canada. None of the things you have included prove that.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I was thinking to include his rental lease agreement and may be his utility bill? Any suggestions what else I may submit?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010

I may be over thinking this but if you look at it from CIC perspective, any of those items could be provided and your brother might not be living in Canada. I am thinking a credit card bill would show location where he is shopping. You can also do a forum search for proof of relationship. You could also include your parents marriage cert to augment yours and brother's birth cert.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

So I am thinking to send the following documents of my brother:

Rental lease agreement showing his name and address
Credit card bill statement for last 3-6 months showing his name and Canada address
Confirmation of permanent residency and proof of landing
Birth certificate
Passport pages
National ID if any
Alberta Health card
Utility bill – Phone bill, internet, etc. having his name and address
Recent T4 from your employer
Recent Paystubs (3-6 ) months

I believe that these should be sufficient? Thanks

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
pkumthek said:
Can I submit his COPR, Indian passport, lease agreement, our birth certificates as supporting to prove my proof of relationship to him? Please advise.
Out of curiosity - how does ANY of these documents proof your relationship to him?

If anything - it shows what your brother's situation is, but nothing to do with you / your relationship with him

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedapplicant said:
Out of curiosity - how does ANY of these documents proof your relationship to him?

If anything - it shows what your brother's situation is, but nothing to do with you / your relationship with him
I was thinking the same thing. If CIC is asking for documents showing your relationship, then your birth certificate and his showing the same parents' names should be sufficient. For status, his CoPR should do it, as he doesn't have his PR card yet. They can certainly look him up!

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u need photocopy of your brothers passport as proof of relationship....

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so for 1) Proof relationship : Our birth certificates and his passport
2) Status: COPR and his passport

Hope this should be sufficient I guess then.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not sure of the whole reason for your question. However, If you are claiming points for FSW (minimum 67/100), then you will want to have proof your brother resides in Canada.