+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship for sibling

Malar2019

Sep 3, 2019
Hello, my brother is in USA as a student and is trying to apply for visitor visa, what are the documents that are accepted for proof of sibling relationship? I do not have my birth certificate, and also a Canadian passport does not have parents name. But both our last name is the same as I did not change my maiden name after marriage. Can I provide my marriage certificate which has my parents name listed?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, my brother is in USA as a student and is trying to apply for visitor visa, what are the documents that are accepted for proof of sibling relationship? I do not have my birth certificate, and also a Canadian passport does not have parents name. But both our last name is the same as I did not change my maiden name after marriage. Can I provide my marriage certificate which has my parents name listed?
What kind of document did you submit when you apply for super visa for your parents? Can you use the same document?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You and your brother can both submit a document where your parents’ names are listed. Doesn’t have to be the same type of document. If your parents have any documents that indicate the name of their children that can also be included.

Malar2019

Sep 3, 2019
What kind of document did you submit when you apply for super visa for your parents? Can you use the same document?
When I applied super visa I was in PR hence I was able to submit my home country passport which had my parents name. Hence it would not be valid now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I applied super visa I was in PR hence I was able to submit my home country passport which had my parents name. Hence it would not be valid now
If you each provide a copy of your home country passport, even if expired, that should be fine.