Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Decoy24601 said:
There's also a big difference in burden of proof for an applicant from the US versus visa-requiring countries. Applicants from the US have a very very low burden of proof unless there are a lot of red flags. 70 pages isn't necessarily overkill. I don't think it's too much, especially since the OP's wife is collecting the evidence for an interview, which means there were already some doubts about the relationship.
+1

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
I think this tends to have something to do with the applicants whose countries more often attempt immigration fraud. It's less common in the US; not many people feel they need to leave a third-world country in favour of another third-world country. Therefore, this would not likely be a route for fraud.
The OP didn't say that his wife is American. I doubt that she is, seeing as how the application on his profile information is being processed in Beirut, Lebanon.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Decoy24601 said:
The OP didn't say that his wife is American. I doubt that she is, seeing as how the application on his profile information is being processed in Beirut, Lebanon.
Yup, but you said "Applicants from the US have a very very low burden of proof unless there are a lot of red flags." I was responding to that.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
Yup, but you said "Applicants from the US have a very very low burden of proof unless there are a lot of red flags." I was responding to that.
I was comparing applicants from the US (and other visa-exempt countries) to applicants from visa-requiring countries "There's also a big difference in burden of proof for an applicant from the US versus visa-requiring countries.". I am aware of the reasoning behind it, but I decided not to go into it since it wasn't relevant to the thread. I was pointing out that the person I quoted was giving slightly wrong information because they weren't taking into account of the difference in burden of proof between visa requiring and visa exempt countries (the person I originally quoted was using personal experience from applying from the US).

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decoy24601 said:
I was comparing applicants from the US (and other visa-exempt countries) to applicants from visa-requiring countries "There's also a big difference in burden of proof for an applicant from the US versus visa-requiring countries.". I am aware of the reasoning behind it, but I decided not to go into it since it wasn't relevant to the thread. I was pointing out that the person I quoted was giving slightly wrong information because they weren't taking into account of the difference in burden of proof between visa requiring and visa exempt countries (the person I originally quoted was using personal experience from applying from the US).
It has nothing to do with Visa exempt and visa-required countries , Paris Visa Office handle North African Visa-required countries as well as European Visa Exempt countries , Applicants from both parts get approved in less than 8 months .

I have noticed than India , Pakistan , Bangladesh endure the longest and the toughest processing times . I also know that if your last name is Singh Canada requires a second last name .

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
My wife had her interview today and was approved. She said the officer looked at a couple of pictures then asked her a few questions and that was the end of it. All the other documents she just flipped through them but did not look at the details. My wife felt that having all this proof helped speed up the interview even if they don't go through the details. When the officer sees that you have this much proof it gives them more assurance about the relationship, and in turns they don't give the applicant a hard time.

So after all the proof that we provided was sufficient for our case :) Every case is different of course.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
TANMEX said:
It has nothing to do with Visa exempt and visa-required countries , Paris Visa Office handle North African Visa-required countries as well as European Visa Exempt countries , Applicants from both parts get approved in less than 8 months .

I have noticed than India , Pakistan , Bangladesh endure the longest and the toughest processing times . I also know that if your last name is Singh Canada requires a second last name .
It does, to an extent. Not because of the fact that they are visa-requiring, but because of the reasons why they're visa requiring in the first place. It's a well known fact that people from the US have a much lower burden of proof than an applicant from the Philippines, for example. Different cultural norms for weddings, for example, are also expected from an applicant from let's say, India, rather than the US. I said countries, not visa offices.

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
akcec said:
My wife had her interview today and was approved. She said the officer looked at a couple of pictures then asked her a few questions and that was the end of it. All the other documents she just flipped through them but did not look at the details. My wife felt that having all this proof helped speed up the interview even if they don't go through the details. When the officer sees that you have this much proof it gives them more assurance about the relationship, and in turns they don't give the applicant a hard time.

So after all the proof that we provided was sufficient for our case :) Every case is different of course.
Many congratulations & thanks a lot for sharing !!

Good Luck

MMMPPP

Feb 22, 2016
Hi,

I have 400 pages (between our engagement and marriage...1 year gap) of WhatsApp conversation and cant decide if I should send them all of it or only parts of it.

If I remove any part of it...which parts can I remove? What if CIC decides to read it...it wont make sense/flow because random pages are missing.

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
jaytanz said:
Many congratulations & thanks a lot for sharing !!

Good Luck
Thanks!

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
MMMPPP said:
Hi,

I have 400 pages (between our engagement and marriage...1 year gap) of WhatsApp conversation and cant decide if I should send them all of it or only parts of it.

If I remove any part of it...which parts can I remove? What if CIC decides to read it...it wont make sense/flow because random pages are missing.
It doesn't make sense to send them all. They are looking for continuous and regular communication and won't read all the messages. I created a tool to take a few chat messages from every day/week/month. You can try to use it if you like:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chat-log-minimizer-t399219.0.html